It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:20 pm

Invasion of Eden Prime Campaign pack?

Tell the world your Dropzone related trials and tribulations!
  • Author

j. r. logan

Hawk Talon

Re: Invasion of Eden Prime Campaign pack?

PostSun Dec 28, 2014 10:21 pm

Would love to be able to start this at my local store in 2015. Has there been any more info on this?
Adepticon 2015 7th/12
Adepticon 2016 2500pts 7th/12
Adepticon 2016 1500pts 9th/20
Gen Con 2016 5th/25
Adepticon 2017 11th/18
Hawk Talon

Grey Mage

PostFri Jan 02, 2015 6:53 am

I actually happen to have about half a dozen new players that could really use this.... are all factions supported? Id assume so, but we know what happens then... Also, is it available to the public, not just stores? Any idea on a price range?

Suzume

PostFri Jan 02, 2015 1:58 pm

Yeah, I have been starting a group, but the local store is kind of useless when it comes to helping foster any new games, so it's just been me and my brother supplying troops to build interest. A league or escalation pack could be really cool.
15-4-3
Nova Open 2015 DZC: 3rd
Huzzah Hobbies, Jan 2016 DZC: 2nd
Huzzah Hobbies, May 2016 DZC: 3rd
Nova Open 2016 DZC: 3rd
Origins 2017: DZC: 2nd
Origins 2017: DFC: 3rd
Huzzah Hobbies, July 2017 DZC: 2nd

I like type 1s and bronze medals.

J.D. Welch

Hawk Talon

PostSat Jan 03, 2015 7:50 am

IIRC it is going to be an Escalation League sort of thing, to encourage people to buy Starter Boxes and then grow from there.

It's intended to be distributed to stores, mostly, but also to clubs (as clubs are very big in the U.k, as opposed to brick and mortar LGSs here in the US), but I'm pretty sure what constitutes a "club" will be a fairly liberal definition, so if your FLGS doesn't get in on the act, you probably will be able to. You'll just need a little organization...

Don't know if it'll cost anything for the package. It is supposed to include metal "badges" for the different factions, plus a poster to keep track of the league's progress, and scenarios for each period (weekly? Hope not, it's often hard for folks to get a game in every week, especially if they need to grow their collection by a certain points level each period, and especially if that includes getting whatever that is painted). So there's proba some cost involved, but we could all be pleasantly surprised...

That's about all I can recall at the moment, but I'm planning on getting it (if it's free) or strong arming the owner of my FLGS into plumping for it, if it's not too expensive. Otherwise, I'm pretty sure we can take up a collection and cover the cost from the current players.

Not sure how this is supposed to play out for folks who already have an army started. Knowing HWG, they'll probably be somewhat more relaxed about adding to your existing army rather than "forcing" you to start a new one, unlike some other miniatures games companies we could think of... It is, primarily, I think, intended to get folks interested in and into the game, but like I said, I think HWG will end up being pretty creative and less restrictive if you just want to add to your existing force...

That's probably not much more than you already know, but hopefully will fill in some gaps...
I love my job (well, I love having a job), but a bad day of gaming beats a good day of work every time!

http://www.theroadtovalhalla.blogspot.com

pilgrim

Hawk Talon

PostSat Jan 03, 2015 9:37 am

No idea - Eden Prime has been a disaster here for DZC.

Initially announced as "coming soon" about six months ago it was eagerly awaited in the three stores \ clubs I regularly visit. Then nothing. What is worse the expectation that a store campaign pack was imminent meant I held off organising campaigns \ competitions - why bother with my own ramshackle effort when the shiney new official pack would be here soon.

And NADA

You snooze you loose. Gamers have butterfly minds and if they don't get regular input they flutter off to something that is giving them that. Result is now I have a problem getting players interested. As a Talon I'm pretty fed up about it. Of course if I had known it was going to be this long then I could have made something up, and even now the only thing stopping me is inertia and my real world commitments. Problem is my enthusiasm for organising has also taken a bit of a hit
Razorworms are just Mother Natures way of reminding you why it is important to man the walls.

Ferrums are the UCM's way of reminding you to take enough AA

J.D. Welch

Hawk Talon

PostSun Jan 04, 2015 7:25 am

Don't give up, pilgrim... :D
I love my job (well, I love having a job), but a bad day of gaming beats a good day of work every time!

Nightwolf

PostSun Jan 04, 2015 8:04 am

I feel you there Pilgrim. Only my issue is distributor troubles. My store is fighting tooth and nail to get the game in. I got a lot of enthusiasm drummed up and an escalation league planned, but no product incoming is burning the store manager and frustrating the player-base. The manager even hand delivered the order to his rep and stressed the importance of getting product in, but another week gone by and no product.

Suzume

PostSun Jan 04, 2015 4:39 pm

Given my store is kind of useless, I've just ordered product from online distrubutors for now, until I can get enough momentum going to convince the local store to stock it.

Just getting the starters is enough to get people playing, and believe me, just the starter armies is enough to get them hooked.
15-4-3
Nova Open 2015 DZC: 3rd
Huzzah Hobbies, Jan 2016 DZC: 2nd
Huzzah Hobbies, May 2016 DZC: 3rd
Nova Open 2016 DZC: 3rd
Origins 2017: DZC: 2nd
Origins 2017: DFC: 3rd
Huzzah Hobbies, July 2017 DZC: 2nd

I like type 1s and bronze medals.

J.D. Welch

Hawk Talon

PostMon Jan 05, 2015 12:29 am

Nightwolf wrote:I feel you there Pilgrim. Only my issue is distributor troubles. My store is fighting tooth and nail to get the game in. I got a lot of enthusiasm drummed up and an escalation league planned, but no product incoming is burning the store manager and frustrating the player-base. The manager even hand delivered the order to his rep and stressed the importance of getting product in, but another week gone by and no product.

Which distributor is your FLGS using, Nightwolf?

We're having the same problems, but were having some success with E-Figures East, except for Resistance stuff, that has been hard to come by. Then I gave up and ordered a bunch of stuff online, and wouldn't you know it, E-Figs got a big restock a day or two later... LOL.

The problem now is getting the owner of our FLGS to keep anything in stock at the store. He's had a few copies of the 2-Player Starter, and a Scourge and UCM Starter box, but E-Figs has been out of all the other Starter Boxes for a while now... He's fine with placing specific orders for folks, but won't take the plunge and stock up on some basic stuff, even tho there's a fair amount of DzC being played in the store on a regular basis... Something about "If you stock it, people will buy it, but if you don't have it on hand, you've probably lost a sale" that just doesn't resonate with this guy...

My only advice is to be persistent, and suggest that you send emails periodically to info@hawkwargames.com to let them know that your distributor needs either some help with getting stock in, or needs a nudge to order the stock that it's customers (the LGSs) are trying so hard to get in...

Hang in there, guys. It's gonna take time, and it's gonna take patience and persistence. And, it's going to take HWG getting their production levels and QC up so that the distributors can stay stocked...

Nightwolf

PostMon Jan 05, 2015 1:18 am

J.D. Welch wrote:My only advice is to be persistent, and suggest that you send emails periodically to info@hawkwargames.com to let them know that your distributor needs either some help with getting stock in, or needs a nudge to order the stock that it's customers (the LGSs) are trying so hard to get in...

Not a bad idea. I will find out what distributor he is trying to use and try to send an e-mail like you suggest. Thanks!
PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion