It is currently Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:12 am

State of the games

Tell the world your Dropzone related trials and tribulations!
  • Author

Shadeseraph

State of the games

PostTue Jan 22, 2019 10:08 am

Hello, all.

Some friends and me have returned after a short hiatus (due mainly to me going overseas for a project for roughly a year) and we are trying to get back into the games, both DFC and DZC. We have even ordered new minis (my friend is expanding his resistance, and I'm starting PHR) but... well, everything about these games look quite dead at this point. The shops in Spain are clearing off stock, and don't intend to restock any more, we ordered some models to TTCombat directly, but many models are marked as sold out and there is no date of restock, our orders are taking a non-trivial amount of time, and the beta for version 2 seems to have been ongoing for nearly 2 years, with very little going on since roughly march 2018 (I think V. 2.4.1 is from that date?) so we are stuck with V1 as one of us plays exclusively resistance in DZC.

From what I've been able to glean, it seems that most of the information around is published mostly in Facebook, which is a bummer as I don't have an account.

So, I wanted to ask to those that are better informed - what's the current status? is there any release date for 2nd edition? Is TTCombat going to re-release out-of-order models? Is the D*C universe still alive?

Thanks.

Lorn

Hawk Talon

Re: State of the games

PostTue Jan 22, 2019 12:41 pm

Sadly they postponed the release date for 2ed of DZC a couple of times and I stopped keeping track if there was even a new one. The last I know of was Summer 2018.

Currently it looks like it is dying not fully dead but not in a good state at all due to the status of edition transitions and out of stock models.

German space magic for PHR would you like to know more?
http://www.hawkforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=7017

German space magic for all and this time it is in Space!
viewtopic.php?f=36&t=10506

Shadeseraph

PostTue Jan 22, 2019 2:33 pm

So - as expected mostly. Pity, I really hope they get their act together, as I love the core system of both games, and how well differentiated are the armies.

farrier

PostTue Jan 22, 2019 9:23 pm

Next rule book, presenting DZC 2 rules, further integration with DFC and 20 new models is due Q1 2019, according to Dave:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dulmKq7 ... e=youtu.be

TT Combat had an advent calender over Christmas on their community Website which had a few teasers to new DZC models:

https://community.ttcombat.com

There's not much to see, but it does back up claims in the video that things are being worked on. They have also a new range of 10mm scale sci-fi buildings on their website, hopefully to go with an imminent DZC release. It's worth keeping an eye on their Twitter and Facebook pages for announcements, even if you don't have an account.

The thing I find really annoying is that there are a pile of customers sat on this forum and TT Combat won't post an update here, I believe it's something to do with their aversion to forums, which is unfortunate because both DFZ and DZC revolve around list building, and you can't post a discussion about an army list on FB or Twitter.

Alternatively perhaps they just have too many customers already and don't need the ones on here? Who knows, it seems funny way to run a business.

Nobody

PostWed Jan 23, 2019 6:41 am

farrier wrote:The thing I find really annoying is that there are a pile of customers sat on this forum and TT Combat won't post an update here, I believe it's something to do with their aversion to forums, which is unfortunate because both DFZ and DZC revolve around list building, and you can't post a discussion about an army list on FB or Twitter.

Alternatively perhaps they just have too many customers already and don't need the ones on here? Who knows, it seems funny way to run a business.

TTCombat have stated that they do not believe in forums, they prefer using Facebook only. The fact that this forum is still running at all should be considered a miracle.

As for out of stock items, they have been periodically restocking them. One of the issues that came up was that they had to recreate several of the molds, and it was recently revealed that they're transitioning whatever metals they can to resin.

So, if it hasn't been restocked in a while, it's likely its one of the models that they're recreating the molds for. If it only recently went out of stock, they will restock it, but sometimes people need to bring it to their attention through the facebook page/groups.

Holdnpattern

PostWed Jan 23, 2019 8:49 pm

Thanks for asking the questions Shadeseraph and to those you posted answers. As someone out there who also had to take quite some time off from gaming for work as well and doesn’t have facebook, this is helpful.

I returned late last year to find this forum slowed, the DZC blogs in stasis or abandoned (DZC Sweden and Orbital bombardment) and my old gaming friends having moved on from DZC largely because of desertification with the beta rules changes or the knowledge that a new edition was coming (almost like by announcing a new edition people were of the mind ‘why play when there are new rules coming’). Hopefully V2 will put life back into the game.

Thanks again for the status update,

H.

farrier

PostFri Jan 25, 2019 9:08 am

Just appeared on the community web site:

https://community.ttcombat.com/2019/01/ ... /#more-554

Release date TBC, 'later on this year'

Shadeseraph

PostFri Jan 25, 2019 11:00 am

Gotta say, nicer than the advent calendar - there was too little to see there.

Looks like a resistance truck?

farrier

PostFri Jan 25, 2019 12:00 pm

I was leaning more towards UCM; there don't appear to be any repair panels on it which you find all over the Resistance stuff

Gauntlet

PostFri Feb 01, 2019 8:15 pm

Command Value 1 podcast + Facebook is the only reliable way to keep informed unfortunately.

The podcast semi-recently had an interview with Dave... maybe a couple months ago. Current release plan is April-ish, but I wouldn't count on it.

When Battle For Earth comes out, DZC is slated to receive upwards of 20+ new units (purportedly... things change). Many of the molds for the original resins and metals needed to be recast.

Just yesterday TTCombat employee mentioned he had been working on new moulds and casting of originals now for over a year.

Take whatever meaning you like from this... but that's some news from the front as it were.

Return to General Discussion