It is currently Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:50 am

Another forum?

Tell the world your Dropzone related trials and tribulations!
  • Author

BlackLegion

Re: Another forum?

PostMon Mar 26, 2018 5:58 pm

They should make interviews on Beasts of War as Dave did.

Brunius

PostMon Mar 26, 2018 10:25 pm

BlackLegion wrote:They should make interviews on Beasts of War as Dave did.

As long as they don't release details ONLY in videos, also as Dave did :(

SwordOfJustice

Hawk Talon

PostTue Mar 27, 2018 8:20 pm

I'm about to choose a hosting service today for a new forum. I've just sent a message on Facebook to TTCombat to ensure nothing has changed on their official position regarding an official forum.

We have a very generous offer from one admin to pay for a whole year up front. I will chip in some money too, even though I'm between jobs at the moment.

I'll also post some draft rules and aims for the new forum here for discussion. The new forum will be phpbb for compatibility, just on the offchance that we ever get the original Hawk forum database. Using phpbb means we can easily import it in such a case.
We have evolved beyond mere flesh and bone. We are the Post Human Republic.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBC9LIUpKeo

Maverick

PostTue Mar 27, 2018 9:22 pm

With the hosting will there be the option for a website too? Just a thought, but it could be nice to have a place for things like a permanent gallery, news or how to's.
Winter is coming

SwordOfJustice

Hawk Talon

PostTue Mar 27, 2018 10:50 pm

Some news. There is further discussion going on with TTCombat regarding a possibility of maintaining the current forum. I won't proceed until the situation is crystal clear.

I'm sorry if this has mucked anyone around.

I'm sure we can all agree that the best outcome of all would be if the old forum is fully taken over by TTCombat and maintained as it is. So let's hold off for now. I want a definitive answer from TTCombat one way or another.
We have evolved beyond mere flesh and bone. We are the Post Human Republic.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBC9LIUpKeo

fiddlerboy

PostWed Mar 28, 2018 12:05 am

Thanks for the updates!

I've asked around a bit about forum software options, and I'll chime in if I hear anything. Certainly, if we could just get new maintainers and administrators for the current forum, make it easier to sign up, and upgrade it, it would be ideal. Bonus if we could get some minimal gallery hosting, etc. included here.

Ljevid

Hawk Talon

PostThu Mar 29, 2018 10:52 am

A new forum would be nice. I always disliked this ugly low-tech forum. Maybe a picture gallery, a like button and sone other gimmicks one has come to expect from a forum.

1. I will happily lend some monetary support. I would like to help with setup + mod. work, but my real life might not allow that.

2. @SwordOfJustice could you please ask if they would still do price support for the monthly painting challenge and post the pictures of the winning model on their site?
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man ON fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life...

dread2005

Hawk Talon

PostThu Mar 29, 2018 10:54 am

well beside, that we dont know what TT will do with the existing Forum, how about putting one up at www.dflist.com

i love this really great Army Builder, put a Forum there and if its only to discuss your Built, wich are in the same User account than your Fleets!
Quote: " nothing is ever easy " by zedicus zul zorrander

Dropfleet ADMIRAL may Mankind conquer the universe
UCM ~2500 Points, PHR ~2000 Points

Dropzone GENERAL revenge of Mankind
PHR 2000 Points, UCM 3500 Points

Maverick

PostThu Mar 29, 2018 12:39 pm

Either way, a new site for the forum or one hosted by TT, admins and mods are needed to keep the forum running smooth. New people can't join and there already are a few spam bots posting in the forum already.
Winter is coming

Maverick

PostThu Mar 29, 2018 12:42 pm

dread2005 wrote:well beside, that we dont know what TT will do with the existing Forum, how about putting one up at http://www.dflist.com

i love this really great Army Builder, put a Forum there and if its only to discuss your Built, wich are in the same User account than your Fleets!

It would be easy to piggy back off of an existing site but it would be best to have our own hosting so we can control what happens. I recommend that unless it's TT hosting the site, then we should do our own hosting.
Winter is coming
PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion