It is currently Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:43 pm

TTCombat changes

Tell the world your Dropzone related trials and tribulations!
  • Author

I didn't do it

TTCombat changes

PostFri May 18, 2018 2:51 am

I've heard rumor that TT is scrapping both this forum and the Talon program. Can't quite believe that, but can anyone confirm if this is true?

Nobody

Re: TTCombat changes

PostFri May 18, 2018 3:36 am

Re forum:

TTCombat has made it clear that their primary method of communication is via Facebook. As such they do not support the forum. There is currently a fan project to move the forum to a independent host.

Re Talons:

The original group of Talons are Talons in name only at this point, and the program isn't currently supported. TTCombat is working on their own version of the Talon program though.

I didn't do it

PostFri May 18, 2018 3:44 am

That is disturbing, how do they plan to stay afloat when GW's recently been putting so much effort into being in touch with its customers?

This is almost the opposite of the original Hawk-GW dynamic.

Nobody

PostFri May 18, 2018 3:57 am

To be fair, GW axed their own forum years ago. They primarily rely on Facebook as well.

samspace

Hawk Talon

PostFri May 18, 2018 10:14 pm

I recently reached out to TT for prize support. Replied back the next day.

purplehoob

Hawk Talon

PostTue May 22, 2018 9:04 am

They do answer you back quite quickly.

Its sometimes not the answer you want or were expecting but I have to say they have always given me an answer quite quickly through Facebook.

The Talons might be launched in a different form in July at least that's what they said to me the last time I asked.

. As an ex Talon I am sad but I have come to terms with the facts.

Charistoph

PostThu May 24, 2018 1:52 am

Nobody wrote:To be fair, GW axed their own forum years ago. They primarily rely on Facebook as well.

GW's forum was vastly different from this one, though. It was a hot toxic mess that had mods spending more time deleting accounts and threads than doing anything remotely constructive.
Are you a Wolf, a Sheep, or a Hound?

Megavolt wrote:They called me crazy…they called me insane…THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right.

Nobody

PostThu May 24, 2018 3:35 am

Charistoph wrote:
Nobody wrote:To be fair, GW axed their own forum years ago. They primarily rely on Facebook as well.

GW's forum was vastly different from this one, though. It was a hot toxic mess that had mods spending more time deleting accounts and threads than doing anything remotely constructive.

That is true, I was responding to the context of "TTCombat isn't trying to keep in contact with their customers like GW is, because they're closing the forums."

Return to General Discussion