It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:21 am

Friday Announcement?

Tell the world your Dropzone related trials and tribulations!
  • Author

Novus

Re: Friday Announcement?

PostWed Jul 19, 2017 3:17 am

I'm all in with Wondergoat and Killionaire!

Coste

Hawk Talon

PostWed Jul 19, 2017 5:33 am

"Rebalancing demo, streamlining CQB, adding more scenarios using terrain like soft cover/body cover, improving FMs"

I dont see any use to streamline CQB, what would that be. Re-writing the rulessection I wouldnt mind in a pedagogical aspect but I cant see how make it more simple if that what you are hinting at. For the scenario bit I do not think making new scenarios would as much as edditing the terrain rules. The problem with non-urban terrain is that its very difficult to make good use of in DzC even if realistic. I have played a bunch of battle on rural+forrest tables and as the rules are now you cant hardly move within woods and with the time it take for infantry to move within them you must use rather small areas, such as the GF9 woods. The terrain rules should also perhaps get a review as of the destruction section. Can forrest be burned down, can artillery remove folliage, how should on treat more types of obstacles and how can they be destroyed if at all. THe books leaves you with good hints, but I wouldnt mind with some actual rules so as to have less house rules.

I hear a lot about improving FMs, but damned, I think they rock as long as you bring in enought of them. Yesterday I played alomst 400pts FM and taking down a fully loaded enemy troop transport is the kind of thing that turn the whole battle.

Klarg1

PostWed Jul 19, 2017 3:24 pm

Honestly ,I'm really hoping we're not getting a DzC 2.0 this year, although I suppose it's possible.

I think a 28mm skirmish game would be cool, but last year, Dave seemed pretty convinced that he couldn't support a third game with the resources available to him at the time.

I guess it's conceivable that Hawk might partner with another company to release such a game, but that would be a major change in how Dave runs the Drop* universe.
Forsan et haec olim pinxisse iuvabit

I maintain a Miniatures Blog, full of detailed WIPs and random miniatures-ramblings.You can read it here: http://blindmetalminis.blogspot.com

Suzume

PostWed Jul 19, 2017 4:36 pm

I think a 2.0 Revision would be great, a new faction would be great, new units would be great.

Any of these things are good.

The only thing I'd be leery of is a 28mm game because of the competition.
15-4-3
Nova Open 2015 DZC: 3rd
Huzzah Hobbies, Jan 2016 DZC: 2nd
Huzzah Hobbies, May 2016 DZC: 3rd
Nova Open 2016 DZC: 3rd
Origins 2017: DZC: 2nd
Origins 2017: DFC: 3rd
Huzzah Hobbies, July 2017 DZC: 2nd

I like type 1s and bronze medals.

BlackLegion

PostWed Jul 19, 2017 9:53 pm

I guess it will be just the miniatures of the new famous commanders snd flora.
Really guys. What do you expect? :-D

Gauntlet

PostThu Jul 20, 2017 12:21 am

I expect just new minis.

But I think the feeling some of us are having is that Dropzone needs something a bit more interesting to get it up and going again. I think while Dropfleet is a success, it also was a big organizational blow to Hawk. Dave had a lot of apprehension about using Kickstarter, and basically, the exact situation he wanted to avoid and was fearful of... happened. Money was made but time was lost.

Basically... I think they've lost their initiative roll three turns in a row now... and we all just feel like they need to roll a 6 and get everyone's head back in the game.

Initiative Roll
Tourney Pack/Kickstarter stuff = 1
New FAQ = 2
New Minis = 3
Reconquest P3 or New Faction = 4
Consolidated Book or DZC 2.0 = 5
THE APP (which would probably necessitate 5 also) = 6

Blipvert

Re: Friday Announcement? It's 2.0!

PostFri Jul 21, 2017 1:22 pm

And the answer is 2nd edition.

Gauntlet

PostFri Jul 21, 2017 1:24 pm

YES!

ROLLED A 5!

LiamK

PostFri Jul 21, 2017 1:30 pm

Hope you are happy with our announcement!

Please use the new topic for any discussion related to Version 2 Guys. If we have any questions or comments it will be easier to respond to :)

Nobody

PostFri Jul 21, 2017 1:34 pm

Derp, moved to new thread
Previous

Return to General Discussion