It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:20 am


2nd Edition: Your wish list for YOUR faction's unit tweaks

Tell the world your Dropzone related trials and tribulations!
  • Author
  • Message
Offline
User avatar

Gauntlet

  • Posts: 263
  • Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:43 pm
  • Location: Salem, MA, USA

Re: 2nd Edition: Your wish list for YOUR faction's unit twea

PostThu Aug 24, 2017 1:02 am

wario wrote:I would like to have an upgrade option for the bears to get a missle pod or some kind of AA (stats like wolverines?).


YES PLEASE! Make it cost a few points, but reduce carry capacity to TWO bases instead of three! This makes APCs very interesting for the UCM (and you could make this Legionaire only I suppose) as it could be cheaper to field APC units.



Image
Offline
User avatar

stevefamine

  • Posts: 132
  • Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:37 pm

Re: 2nd Edition: Your wish list for YOUR faction's unit twea

PostThu Aug 24, 2017 3:42 pm

Gauntlet wrote:
wario wrote:I would like to have an upgrade option for the bears to get a missle pod or some kind of AA (stats like wolverines?).


YES PLEASE! Make it cost a few points, but reduce carry capacity to TWO bases instead of three! This makes APCs very interesting for the UCM (and you could make this Legionaire only I suppose) as it could be cheaper to field APC units.



Image


Different guns on Bears would be ace!
Offline
User avatar

Bistromatic

Hawk Talon

  • Posts: 199
  • Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:30 am
  • Location: Hamburg, Germany

Re: 2nd Edition: Your wish list for YOUR faction's unit twea

PostThu Aug 24, 2017 3:53 pm

The UCM is supposed to favour highly specialised and economical vehicles, don't turn the Bear into a Bradley.
Offline
User avatar

Gauntlet

  • Posts: 263
  • Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:43 pm
  • Location: Salem, MA, USA

Re: 2nd Edition: Your wish list for YOUR faction's unit twea

PostThu Aug 24, 2017 11:57 pm

"The UCM values modularity and flexibility enough that the standard machine gun mount is virtually identical with other weapon mounts, and was designed from the ground-up to replace damaged weaponry in the field... as the reconquest continues and resources become tighter, local UCM forces have ended up with mismatched amounts of weaponry, often having too little or too much of one or the other.

As a result, Commanders have taken liberty with regulations and have started re-equipping some vehicles with non-standard weaponry as surpluses permit."
Offline
User avatar

wario

  • Posts: 21
  • Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:10 am
  • Location: Hamburg, Germany

Re: 2nd Edition: Your wish list for YOUR faction's unit twea

PostFri Aug 25, 2017 3:33 am

Bistromatic wrote:The UCM is supposed to favour highly specialised and economical vehicles, don't turn the Bear into a Bradley.


This is a wish you something threat so we might keep dreaming.
Last edited by wario on Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Regards,
Wario
Offline
User avatar

Mike Mee

  • Posts: 629
  • Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:40 pm
  • Location: Manchester, UK.

Re: 2nd Edition: Your wish list for YOUR faction's unit twea

PostFri Aug 25, 2017 3:53 pm

I would like to see Storm Wagons have something, I don't see the point in taking them over Thunderwagons really.
Offline
User avatar

killionaire

  • Posts: 357
  • Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:22 pm

Re: 2nd Edition: Your wish list for YOUR faction's unit twea

PostSat Aug 26, 2017 1:50 am

Mike Mee wrote:I would like to see Storm Wagons have something, I don't see the point in taking them over Thunderwagons really.

Storm Wagons really should have a second fire mode. Like, a direct fire rocket they can shoot while moving. Make it weak or something, but they're just useless.
Offline

stormbringer

  • Posts: 84
  • Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:50 pm

Re: 2nd Edition: Your wish list for YOUR faction's unit twea

PostTue Sep 05, 2017 1:00 pm

Given how AA reaction fire is going to be essential with DnS, I would definitely now like to see the Panther’s reaction fire reverting back to hitting on 5s.

Naturally, I would be happy to see the range being chopped down to balance this out. Active countermeasures already make such a change "fluffy" - only debate is what range would be fair? Personally, I think Panther range should be slightly more than Phobos/Zhukov- but I guess it would need playtesting.
Offline
User avatar

Klarg1

  • Posts: 496
  • Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:39 pm
  • Location: Boston Area

Re: 2nd Edition: Your wish list for YOUR faction's unit twea

PostMon Oct 09, 2017 1:52 pm

I'd like to see a change in my Scourge army from "Slightly Painted" to "Ready for the Table". :lol:
Forsan et haec olim pinxisse iuvabit

I maintain a Miniatures Blog, full of detailed WIPs and random miniatures-ramblings.You can read it here: http://blindmetalminis.blogspot.com
Offline
User avatar

Mike Mee

  • Posts: 629
  • Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:40 pm
  • Location: Manchester, UK.

Re: 2nd Edition: Your wish list for YOUR faction's unit twea

PostMon Oct 09, 2017 5:59 pm

killionaire wrote:
Mike Mee wrote:I would like to see Storm Wagons have something, I don't see the point in taking them over Thunderwagons really.

Storm Wagons really should have a second fire mode. Like, a direct fire rocket they can shoot while moving. Make it weak or something, but they're just useless.


Yeah anything really, they would be hell'a venerable but at least they could help out a bit with Critical Locations and such. Even smoke rounds would be cool.
PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron