It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:36 am

TTCombat aquires Hawk?

Tell the world your Dropzone related trials and tribulations!
  • Author

stormbringer

Re: TTCombat aquires Hawk?

PostWed Oct 25, 2017 11:44 am

I have been told TT Combat are from the Troll Trader family? If correct then​ i am happy with the deal.

Beyond TTC being a safe pair of hands, I am pleased to see Dave now focusing on what he does best i.e games design! Let's hope the future is bright!

PS happy for 2nd version to be delayed until April, hopefully gives hawk time to iron out any rules imbalances.
PPS forget a 3rd game, I want a 6th faction! :)

j. r. logan

Hawk Talon

PostSun Oct 29, 2017 9:13 pm

I think with the acquisition of Hawkwargames by TTCombat we might be overlooking one very importing thing. DZC and DFC have been under Dave developmental control for unit design and rule and game play for the past 5 year and he has done a very fine job of it. What we need to be asking is how much control will Dave be giving up over that part of the game? As we all know if the model are cool but the rule are bad or start to get out of control player will start pull away from the game. I for one would much rather let Dave keep control over the rule and unit design and wait for the product to come to market than to have product and bad rules to play them with.
Adepticon 2015 7th/12
Adepticon 2016 2500pts 7th/12
Adepticon 2016 1500pts 9th/20
Gen Con 2016 5th/25
Adepticon 2017 11th/18
Hawk Talon

purplehoob

Hawk Talon

PostMon Oct 30, 2017 11:27 am

I think that there is so much we don't know right now.

However I also think that hawk, or whatever it's called at the moment need to move relatively fast.

Nothing kills a game quicker than rumours and inaction.

I love hawk games because they are different and have a lot of love and care in them we shall have to just wait and see.

Lordprinceps

PostMon Oct 30, 2017 3:43 pm

I'm of the belief as of now that Hawk is remaining as it's own entity as a subsidiary within TT, with its own autonomy as to game design and development and TT just being the parent company handling the actual business side of things, based on comments and responses I've seen on the Kickstarter and Facebook. I'm assuming this means that dave and co get to keep doing their thing as they otherwise would have, without significant interference from TT.

However, I do agree that an explicit statement should be given. For example, how much of Hawk's team is staying on with the acquisition, does Dave still own the IP / have full creative control, will Hawk exist as an entity enough that we'll still have its logo on everything, if the Hawk website will remain for the foreseeable future, whether Hawk will have their own booth still at conventions going forward, etc etc. Basically, whether this'll be the standard "distributor/developer" relationship or not.

I'm positive there's got to be some special considerations and stipulations with this, seeing as how large and well-developed the D*C games are.

Klarg1

PostMon Oct 30, 2017 7:08 pm

purplehoob wrote:I think that there is so much we don't know right now.

However I also think that hawk, or whatever it's called at the moment need to move relatively fast.

Nothing kills a game quicker than rumours and inaction.

I love hawk games because they are different and have a lot of love and care in them we shall have to just wait and see.

I'm with you there.

We only have the initial announcement, so far, and it doesn't say much other than "Dave is sticking around". We'll just have to wait and see.
Forsan et haec olim pinxisse iuvabit

I maintain a Miniatures Blog, full of detailed WIPs and random miniatures-ramblings.You can read it here: http://blindmetalminis.blogspot.com

j. r. logan

Hawk Talon

PostSun Nov 05, 2017 12:00 am

After speaking with a local USA store owner about this his concern is that TTCombat does not have any good US distributors so it will make it hard for him to get product to sell to his customer. Do we know if TTCombat is going to keep dealing with Hawks US distributors or only use the one they have been?
Adepticon 2015 7th/12
Adepticon 2016 2500pts 7th/12
Adepticon 2016 1500pts 9th/20
Gen Con 2016 5th/25
Adepticon 2017 11th/18
Hawk Talon

Nobody

PostSun Nov 05, 2017 1:37 am

j. r. logan wrote:After speaking with a local USA store owner about this his concern is that TTCombat does not have any good US distributors so it will make it hard for him to get product to sell to his customer. Do we know if TTCombat is going to keep dealing with Hawks US distributors or only use the one they have been?

That's the big question mark.

I've been told that TTCombat is a part of Kingsley Distribution, which is primarily European but claims to serve some stores in the US.
Previous

Return to General Discussion