It is currently Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:39 pm

TTCombat aquires Hawk?

Tell the world your Dropzone related trials and tribulations!
  • Author

Lordprinceps

Re: TTCombat aquires Hawk?

PostWed Nov 29, 2017 4:37 pm

Agreed, glad to see some info coming about! I do have one concern, however.
Without going into -why- the members of Hawk that were let go, were let go, my concern is that the ones that were, or otherwise resigned, were pretty much all part of DZC's/DFC's internal playtesting team in addition to their other duties (to my knowledge).
From my own experience and the words of others, those that were on the playtesting team kept up with the competitive meta and regularly participated in tournaments, and thus had an extremely good knowledge of the game systems.

My question is the following: Does TTCombat have a group of employees that are sufficiently knowledgeable with DFC/DZC to act as internal playtesting in addition to their other duties, or have a group of employees expressed interest in that?
While the Talon program is important for both community development and wider play testing, I also consider it important that there's also an internal team capable of playing the game on the same level as the community.
In short; is Dave currently the only one working on the rules (obviously in addition to his work on the models), or are there others on the development/playtesting team? If there are, can we expect the same level of development quality right off the bat, or will it take some time for the new team to get up to speed with the game systems?
And again, thank you for answering some of those other questions and concerns!

On a side note, when can we expect some sneak peaks of those Shaltari buildings/scenery that got teased on facebook? :lol:

TTCombatDan

Site Admin

PostThu Nov 30, 2017 8:48 am

Play testing is only a tiny part of anyone's day to day activities as a business requires alot of input in other areas not as glamorous as just playing games, im sure everyone would love the idea of getting paid to play games all day, but all those emails are not going to answer themselves. :lol:

However we are fortunate in that our extensive staff comprises of mostly gamers and so love spending their free time and available work time working on games.

Many are helping with the play testing in a casual manner but we do have 15 members in our official house team along with 3 local groups which have worked with us on our other games. Many of them where players of Dropzone since its release (and i remember Dave coming to showcase and promote the game to us when he created it) and backers of the dropfleet kickstarter, others are completly new to the game which is really handy in getting past the issue of experienced gamers filling in the gaps of small issues and not pointing them out.

Although we lost the 3 hawk play testers, we now have our 15 in house and 23 in our local groups all with varying levels of experience from novice to veteran to ensure everything is covered and Dave is snowed in with the amount of data he receives from the various teams including the Talon team, we have kept Dave being the only one writing the rules but have the senior design staff reviewing everything and giving feedback before sending out to the teams for more.

SwordOfJustice

Hawk Talon

PostSun Dec 03, 2017 8:40 am

Such fantastic communication from Troll Traders. I really appreciate it.

Wow, 100 staff? That's amazing. Best wishes for continued success and growth making games I love.

Cheers,
Sword
We have evolved beyond mere flesh and bone. We are the Post Human Republic.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBC9LIUpKeo

BlackLegion

PostSun Dec 03, 2017 11:15 am

So the TT in TTCombat stands fore Troll Trader not for Table Top?

Mike Mee

PostMon Dec 04, 2017 11:31 am

I hope this April release is worth the wait.

TTCombatDan

Site Admin

PostMon Dec 04, 2017 4:18 pm

The TT does stand for table top its just an amusing coincidence that it fits troll trader as well

Lordprinceps

PostMon Dec 04, 2017 7:06 pm

A bit of a late reply on my part, but thanks for the great answer! It's very good that TTC has all the supporting staff the games need.
What is the planned release schedule going to look like, overall? I've heard that three-month releases, with DZC and DFC alternating, is in the works.

fiddlerboy

PostMon Dec 04, 2017 10:44 pm

Thanks for the updates.

I'm curious if you know anything more about US distribution: there don't appear to be any copies of the Reconquest books available at retail in the US at the moment. The discussion about DZC v2.0 suggested that they would still be relevant. Do you expect that availability will improve before v2 is released, or are those books currently out of print or just not available in the US?

time wizard

PostThu Dec 14, 2017 11:07 pm

I hope this is the right spot to put this.

About a month ago I bought a Juno IFV A1 from a local store that I usually purchase from.
When the blister pack arrived, it had 3 left side tracks and 1 right side track.
I contacted TT Combat support and notified them of the problem.
I received a response to the email within a couple of days, and within 2 weeks I received the missing piece.
I know that in the past, Hawk would suffer delays in getting replacement parts out, but if this is any indication of TT'c customer support, it will be great for the DzC community.

Thanks again to TT Combat for the fast response and great customer support.

Time Wizard
"I have found again and again that in encounter actions, the day goes to the side that is the first to plaster its opponent with fire." - Erwin Rommel

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." - Napoleon Bonaparte
Previous

Return to General Discussion