It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:17 am

TTCombat aquires Hawk?

Tell the world your Dropzone related trials and tribulations!
  • Author

Skylifter-1000

Re: TTCombat aquires Hawk?

PostTue Oct 24, 2017 5:10 pm

Shikatanai wrote:
That TTCombat has no Game with as much impact as Hawk could be a bad thing but it does not have to do. I think a lot will come down to how they will really run that business - e.g. if they are mainly producing and selling the stuff while game developement is still in Daves / "Hawks" hands might be a good thing for increasing the impact as they might be able to a.) still can focus on quality of the game and b.) might be able to get out more releases spreading the games impact.

It might be a good thing, we have no way of knowing.

But that is what I'm saying, that we have no way of knowing how the new owner will handle this means we have to consider: do we want to continue spending money and time on something that might go really well or might go awfully, or do we take our time and money and put it into something where we know what we're going to get?

I also hope that it'll go well. I'm just a little afraid that it might not, and that the games will die out. But I hope they'll do well.

Petrov

PostTue Oct 24, 2017 5:27 pm

3rd game?
What the fuck?
Dave used to work for Spartan Games, spartan games went under in part due to their ADD making lots of different systems and not enough support.
Guess that means that Dave will have his hands freed from running the company to make rules and develop stuff to support the game?

samspace

Hawk Talon

PostTue Oct 24, 2017 7:38 pm

Skylifter-1000 wrote:
Shikatanai wrote:
do we want to continue spending money and time on something that might go really well or might go awfully, or do we take our time and money and put it into something where we know what we're going to get?

Isn't that risk always there anyways?

beerninja

PostTue Oct 24, 2017 11:16 pm

They are asking us to be patient....but haven’t they been asking that sense the...less then ideal....kickstarter??

snolb

Hawk Talon

PostTue Oct 24, 2017 11:47 pm

beerninja wrote:They are asking us to be patient....but haven’t they been asking that sense the...less then ideal....kickstarter??

Its TTcombat that are asking that. Not Hawk...
Official the worst player in Sweden!

Dedicated DzC Swedish Facebook group!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/702576909788030/

Gauntlet

PostWed Oct 25, 2017 12:58 am

An aside... I'm actually happy about the whole April release for 2.0... if their cover store for this is even remotely true... it gives Dave time to focus purely on DZC and what would make it a better game and not his divided attention. But somehow I suspect that isn't possibly by April anyhow.

But it might be a positive side effect... its no secret that Hawk's most "in the know" fans were none-too-pleased about several proposed changes and perhaps that shook Dave in a way no one expected and pushed this decision.

Cry of the Wind

Hawk Talon

PostWed Oct 25, 2017 3:21 am

Having seen the beta rules but not having had time to playtest them I think 90% of the changes are good. If Dave now has more time to think about them and their implications that can only be a good thing. Overall I feel this is probably for the best and lets Dave do what he does best rather than pull him from every direction at once.

Nicius

PostWed Oct 25, 2017 5:05 am

While a bit hesitant, I do think this can be a good thing for Hawk and Dropzone & Dropfleet. I'm a refugee from Spartan Games and I must say the way Warcraddle is handling the take over from Spartan on the social media is really pulling that community together again while we wait for the re-release of those games.

I would urge Hawk and TTCombat to do the same, get the community involved and show us more of those lovely Dropfleet destroyers! I think extensive beta-testing from Dropzone with the community can be a good way to do this, although it will leave us Dropfleet'ers a bit out to dry (but hey, share the beta-rules for the destroyers and we're probably all good :) ).

I really like Hawk's games and I think it is important to ensure the community that they are here to stay and that bussiness will continue as usuall (well hopefully better on the logistics side).

ZombiePirate

PostWed Oct 25, 2017 10:17 am

I've got a lot of the TTcombat gothic scenics for 40k, which I've been enjoying in 8th edition after completely avoiding 7th. It's been a bit of a resurgence among my gaming group and has got more people playing and painting than anything else. So, I understand not everyone likes GW (I was in that place myself) but they do seem to be doing better. Their share price has sky-rocketed this year as well.

So, TTcombat acquiring Hawk I'm not too worried about. They've already stated they want to get the Kickstarter finished so let's hope they can do that quickly as stuff has been being delivered for 12 months now. Nothing special for a kickstarter I know but Hawk really screwed up their communications and one things that backers really hate is not being talked to.

I suppose we'll wait and see, but, as one of the people that had their pledge screwed up in more than one way I'm far more wary of anything Hawk than I used to be.

Akdakkar

Hawk Talon

PostWed Oct 25, 2017 11:36 am

I think we need to wait and see. Mi concern is playing the games. I would like to have new toys every month, maeby; but I am really happy about both games and I am not going to burn every hawk miniature because this news. Will this be good or bad? I don't know. I await and see.
PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion