It is currently Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:08 pm

Q&A from TTCombat

Tell the world your Dropzone related trials and tribulations!
  • Author

Defaint_2k

Re: Q&A from TTCombat

PostFri Jan 26, 2018 2:30 pm

Yesterday I got my last missing Part from the KS. YAY. I am really happy that things are going to roll again! As for the Q&A it made me feel positve for the future of this awsome game. I think this is going to be a wonderful DFC DZC year!

stormbringer

PostSat Jan 27, 2018 11:15 am

I hope you are right, dropzone is fantastic, and dropfleet has the potential to be very good.

I hope these hawk forum pages remain the main point of contact too.....

... I gave up on Facebook when my account was hacked and the default language changed to Cantonese- most annoying!

Gauntlet

PostSat Jan 27, 2018 7:59 pm

Well unfortunately, the forum pages seem to be their least favorite place to communicate... most info they post to Facebook first and foremost.

That may change when these forums eventually are shut down/carried over and placed on the main TTCombat site.

Which may be a while...

For now, I'm just happy they updated their logo and branding lol!

fiddlerboy

PostThu Feb 01, 2018 4:55 am

Gauntlet wrote:That may change when these forums eventually are shut down/carried over and placed on the main TTCombat site.

Oh, good point...

TTCombat, if you're reading this: please don't shutdown and remove these forums, there's a lot of useful older info here that's worth keeping around (painting and modeling, tactics discussions, evolution of models). The forum is also a much better long-term place for information than Facebook: better searching, threaded discussions, topic sections, etc

_ghost_

PostThu Feb 01, 2018 7:59 am

I agree. Facebook is nice for showing Pics and short talks.
But for long-term stuff a forum is supperior!

BlackLegion

PostThu Feb 01, 2018 11:32 am

TTCombat even don't has a forum?

Gauntlet

PostThu Feb 01, 2018 6:00 pm

No they do not. As a company that has focused on terrain primarily (until more recently) the need for self promotion and conversation-like forums and rules downloads etc. has been low I imagine.

They have mentioned that they are working on a new website... I imagine for not just Hawk products but all products. I'm confident that when this new site is launched, they will have a new forum.

Standard procedure would be to import the old forum into an "archive" category on the new forums... but they also could just keep the entire forum wholesale and link to it from their new site.

BwanaJoe

PostSat Feb 03, 2018 4:19 am

Am I reading it correctly that TT wish to revamp V2 and would change fluff, models, background etc? Sticking Reconquest 1 and 2 into the main rulebook would be great but I’d hate to see a fluff change just to differentiate V1 from V2. I really despise companies that feel the need to do that. (Dystopian Wars comes to mind)

Lordprinceps

PostSat Feb 03, 2018 4:35 am

BwanaJoe wrote:Am I reading it correctly that TT wish to revamp V2 and would change fluff, models, background etc?

Source on this?

wundergoat

PostSat Feb 03, 2018 7:20 am

BwanaJoe wrote:Am I reading it correctly that TT wish to revamp V2 and would change fluff, models, background etc? Sticking Reconquest 1 and 2 into the main rulebook would be great but I’d hate to see a fluff change just to differentiate V1 from V2. I really despise companies that feel the need to do that. (Dystopian Wars comes to mind)

I didn't get that impression.
PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion