It is currently Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:53 pm

Some requests

Tell the world your Dropzone related trials and tribulations!
  • Author

alpha1983

Some requests

PostFri Feb 02, 2018 11:40 am

Hello TTC,
One of the realistic parts of Dropzone/Dropfleet is that the different units are variations of a single chasis, where different equipment is used on the vehicle for different specialized purposes. This is quite realistic and good looking on the table.
Problem is, that often you'll find that you're buying several kits, that are exactly the same, but where only the weapons are changing from one to the next.
Before the closedown of Hawk, several kits were "unified" and offered as a multi-component blister, something that is quite welcome by me (I'm talking bout blisters like Storm Wagon / Thunder Wagon; M9 Hannibal / Mehmed Siege Tanks...). I'd like to see this approach taken more often and further.
For instance, what's the difference between the Fire Wagon and the Gun Wagon? The turret. M9 and M20 Zukhov? The turret again. Rocket technicals and Gun technicals? The gunner miniature on the back
Wouldn't it make sense to unify those in a single blister and this way offer a single product entry to stores & customers? It would definitely simplify logistics for both you and the store.
There're dozens of cases in your Dropxxxx portfolio where you could do that, and it would make it much easier for new players to get into the game, as with a single blister they would be getting multiple units, that they can use to test different strategies.
In most cases these miniatures are easy to magnetize, and in some, magnetization is not even needed.

Lastly, I'd love to see more models in plastic. The ones in plastic right now, are quite high quality, and except for the scourge, I would not consider that there's a significant difference between the plastic models and the resin ones.

samspace

Hawk Talon

Re: Some requests

PostFri Feb 02, 2018 6:04 pm

Dave said in one of his interviews with the OB guys that dual blisters for dropzone were definitely on the plan.

Droachmega

Hawk Talon

Re: Some requests

PostSun Feb 04, 2018 11:32 pm

Condensing more blisters is definitely on our radar but no eta on those yet.

Return to General Discussion