It is currently Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:17 pm

The new board from TTCombat: Questions

Tell the world your Dropzone related trials and tribulations!
  • Author

Gauntlet

The new board from TTCombat: Questions

PostThu Feb 15, 2018 5:41 pm

Hey there! So I'm excited about the new board available from TTCombat. Before I purchase, I'm wondering if anyone who has experience with their other boards could answer a few questions:

1) Supposed everything is 3mm MDF... but the board is one inch tall... Is that because there are "Walls" that hold up the flat surface? If so... that might not be so great, but isn't a deal breaker (I'll just glue the flat surface to a thicker plate of wood or such.

2) It looks like that flat surface then has overlays that glue on top for sidewalks? Is this correct? If so, it means I can paint the plate black for roads, then paint the overlays grey and glue them on top. No masking fuss (nice!).

3) Are the plates uniform and the only difference is the overlays I put on top? If so, great.

I haven't seen assembly instructions published, which would likely answer these questions... if anyone has found them, let me know!

Thanks

Gauntlet

Re: The new board from TTCombat: Questions

PostThu Feb 15, 2018 5:43 pm

PS: I'd like to note, I just bought a variety of products from TTCombat, both in plastic/resin/MDF and all have a fine quality. I particularly am happy with the subway station I picked up in preparation for Fallout from Modiphius Entertainment.

Return to General Discussion