It is currently Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:20 pm

TTCombat Q/A --- FAQ Video

Tell the world your Dropzone related trials and tribulations!
  • Author

stormbringer

Re: TTCombat Q/A --- FAQ Video

PostSat Mar 17, 2018 6:27 pm

This ^^^

edit- curse page change over! See last post on page 1.

Basically, TTCOMBAT need to engage with the dropzone community better- just bits and pieces on Facebook is much worse than what Hawk gave us.

I hope things improve, I want dropzone to thrive again!

Gauntlet

PostSat Mar 17, 2018 8:36 pm

Could someone dispassionately summarise video #2 news/statements.

I'm not able to view it for a while and id like to know what the consternation is over.

Nobody

PostSat Mar 17, 2018 11:12 pm

Gauntlet wrote:Could someone dispassionately summarise video #2 news/statements.

I'm not able to view it for a while and id like to know what the consternation is over.

*Special Commanders are now available in tournaments
*They are starting fresh with their version of the Talon program, current Talons will need to reapply. They've admitted to mainly keeping in touch with "favorites."
*Forum is considered dead, if fans want to run their own forum that's fine, but all of their communication is through facebook and that's how they're keeping it.
*They'll continue using their own brand of resin
*Transitioning metals to resin in most of their ranges (not sure how that's going to work with DZC infantry)
*Complaining about US players complaining about distribution ("They can just use Kingsley").

Lorn

Hawk Talon

PostSat Mar 17, 2018 11:34 pm

Nobody wrote:*Special Commanders are now available in tournaments

Terrible idea, did they state any reason for that or is this just a plan for V2?

Nobody wrote:*Forum is considered dead, if fans want to run their own forum that's fine, but all of their communication is through facebook and that's how they're keeping it.

:(

German space magic for PHR would you like to know more?
http://www.hawkforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=7017

German space magic for all and this time it is in Space!
viewtopic.php?f=36&t=10506

Nobody

PostSun Mar 18, 2018 12:39 am

Lorn wrote:
Nobody wrote:*Special Commanders are now available in tournaments

Terrible idea, did they state any reason for that or is this just a plan for V2?

Nobody wrote:*Forum is considered dead, if fans want to run their own forum that's fine, but all of their communication is through facebook and that's how they're keeping it.

:(

I believe the answer given was "because Louis wanted it"

BwanaJoe

PostSun Mar 18, 2018 1:59 am

Seriously, US market is hosed? Or am I missing something in the translation?

Nobody

PostSun Mar 18, 2018 3:48 am

BwanaJoe wrote:Seriously, US market is hosed? Or am I missing something in the translation?

The gist of it is that they really seem to want people to use their own distributor Kingsley. Previous statements indicated they were going to work with Hawk's previous distributors, but I'm not so sure they are now.

Problem is, there's only a few stores (they said over 10) that use Kingsley, and no US based online distributors that I know of.

And it's not like we're all concentrated enough to pressure our LGSes to open a relationship with a new distributor to get items in.

BwanaJoe

PostSun Mar 18, 2018 4:10 am

Wow, and here I had high hopes for the game when they first made their deal public. Looks like support is going to be very thin online and for the US market. I’m honestly thinking about dumping my stuff on Fleabay and moving on.

Edit: I realize I should have added: My sons and i are the only ones in the area (and I mean within 50 miles) that seem to have the game and with the current trend I don’t see that changing. Bummer.
Last edited by BwanaJoe on Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

juz

PostSun Mar 18, 2018 10:21 am

10 stores 50 states...I'm really hoping for the US ( and the game in general) this improves after the convention season...

special commanders?...they want to sell special commanders...
personally I'm happy without them but its not my barbecue...

I feel for talons already out there..I think the reapply aspect is down to the fact the relationship with TT is new. Tell em what you do and what you need/expect and work from there but I agree "favourites" was a poor choice as has way too many affective semantics..."a number of proactive talons ahave already negotiated with us..blah blah.." may have been gentler...comms team need a protocol droid :p

Takxis

PostMon Mar 19, 2018 1:21 am

its beggining to look like the end, expanding the game alternatives (while still needing to fix the exsisting one) dropping the community, pushing back promised releases again and again, these are the reasons i left firestorm, a bit pi##$% that it seems to be happening again. (when is the optimum time to sell my stuff?)
PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion