It is currently Thu May 24, 2018 7:31 pm

Another forum?

Tell the world your Dropzone related trials and tribulations!
  • Author

BwanaJoe

Re: Another forum?

PostWed Mar 21, 2018 1:46 am

LocalHoRst wrote:Uh, this board will be shut down? :(
Some years ago I raised a community on Google+, but the Facebook community is bigger and more active.
Hawk answered me on my request to join, that they are mostly active on Facebook.

We definitely need a board like this. Facebook is no option to me. I quit on FB years ago.

Larger? Probably only if you count “likes”. A quick click isn’t particularly impressive. Kinda like someone with hundreds of “friends” they’ve never seen. Active? Well, hard to say. Seems to be a lot of noise and very little content. What I think is funny about this is the fact that FB has been bemoaning their activity as a whole is down.

Sorry, back to topic. Is there a current forum that certain posts can be moved to and people pointd to instead a new forum? No reinventing the wheel that way. May be easier. Just a thought.

WizardLizard

PostWed Mar 21, 2018 7:20 am

I will not be interested if it is a subforum of a larger forum like Dakka Dakka.

BwanaJoe

PostWed Mar 21, 2018 11:12 am

WizardLizard wrote:I will not be interested if it is a subforum of a larger forum like Dakka Dakka.

Sorry, I meant an already established DZC forum.

SwordOfJustice

Hawk Talon

PostFri Mar 23, 2018 4:22 pm

So just to let you know, there have been a lot of offers of support. I'm confident enough that we'll get a group of admins to run a new board. I'll do some research and present options within a few days. I'll send messages to people who've offered to admin as well.
We have evolved beyond mere flesh and bone. We are the Post Human Republic.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBC9LIUpKeo

SwordOfJustice

Hawk Talon

PostFri Mar 23, 2018 8:41 pm

BwanaJoe wrote:Check out Wingsofwar.org; it is the Wings of Glory forum. It is member supported and funded (although the designer hangs out there). The guy who runs things is named Keith. I’ve got zero experience running such things but I’m sure he would be glad to explain the setup. You could drop him a line Sword.

G'day BwanaJoe. That link does not resolve and I've also tried searching google without success. Search terms: wings of war game forum.

Do you have an actual link? If not, don't worry, I'm finding a lot of useful information even without contacting Keith.
We have evolved beyond mere flesh and bone. We are the Post Human Republic.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBC9LIUpKeo

BwanaJoe

PostFri Mar 23, 2018 8:52 pm

SwordOfJustice wrote:
BwanaJoe wrote:Check out Wingsofwar.org; it is the Wings of Glory forum. It is member supported and funded (although the designer hangs out there). The guy who runs things is named Keith. I’ve got zero experience running such things but I’m sure he would be glad to explain the setup. You could drop him a line Sword.

G'day BwanaJoe. That link does not resolve and I've also tried searching google without success. Search terms: wings of war game forum.

Do you have an actual link? If not, don't worry, I'm finding a lot of useful information even without contacting Keith.

The site seems to have crashed! When it is back up the link is wingsofwar.org. Love that site; even down to its rank and medal system. Also the nicest bunch of people around. Very helpful. Distinct lack of egos.

BlackLegion

PostFri Mar 23, 2018 9:24 pm

I'm also a Wings of Glory player. The forum is very nice too :-)

Carrington

PostMon Mar 26, 2018 1:47 am

I wonder if Tactical Command might be a good home: it's a fairly active site for Epic Armageddon and Warmaster enthusiasts.

Biggest issue is less technical than getting folks to migrate over:

http://www.tacticalwargames.net/taccmd/index.php

Thunderboy

Hawk Talon

PostMon Mar 26, 2018 7:39 am

After the FB fuble last week, TTC might me reconsidering keeping a Forum.
So before anyone launche a new place, double check with them.
For Humanity!
26th at Autum Invasion 2016

_ghost_

PostMon Mar 26, 2018 9:41 am

They seem to undervaluate Forums and others Kind of advertising.

Comparing the old Hawk Site. The is almost nothing that ahows the Fluff of the game, the description on each product is to much hidden....

Also even Facebook. Both groups are closed Echo chambers. Great for those that know the game. That's it.

Looking at Youtube and others sites.. Everyone could get the feeling that both Systems ATE almost Dead.

Ttcombat needs to Relaunch a Talon lime program and a lot of others things. The drop Universe is not 40k... It needs much more help n effort zo attrackt new players. Yet it has not reached the critical mass to be stable...
PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion