It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:32 am

Storytime!

Tell the world your Dropzone related trials and tribulations!
  • Author

Ametkai

Storytime!

PostWed Apr 10, 2013 4:28 pm

I was going to add this to the Fluff section of my last post in the Shaltari Header, but I guess it wouldn't fit. So, enjoy!

UCM recon forces reporting live:
"Sir, it looks like a dragon."
"What do you mean a dragon?"
"Like a Fu- Sir, It's like an Eden gate with a spine, and a head. And a tail. It looks like a dragon sir. There's a few other gates with it."
Scout forces relaying intel from the desert sands of Dorrimar, a cradle world with vast reserves of natural petroleum deposits. The wolverines atop the sand dune begin to descend, while the forces behind begin to mount up. The Shaltari, gates, marked with blues and a bit of white, maybe Onota tribe? find their way into the industrial complex and begin to land.
"A gate? Well what's it doing?"
"Landing, it's landing, ok, its probably just some kind of fancy gate - do their Warchiefs go for that sort of thing? What if this is a real high up sort of guy?"
"Enough speculation - prepare to engage. Keep coms open, the Kodiak will remain here and offer orbital support."
"Understood"
As the Wolverines continue East toward the complex, Air transports right behind, the Shaltari set up a perimeter. The burst of sand dust heat and molten glass that sprays after a short time tells them that the Shaltari have seen them, and that there's an Ocelot.
"Sir, they've got an Oce---"
"Just get a bead on it, Sergeant, and we'll rain hell on it from above"
"Yes Sir"
The buggies begin weaving to and fro to get closer safely, but one gets launched end over end by a gauss cannon shot to the engine.
"Sir, Wolverine #4 is down sir. We're almost in range of that Ocelot. Tomahawks are closing in."
"Understood, Deploying ground support."
An Albatross lands at 2:00 o'clock to the Wolverines and deploys nine Sabre main battle tanks into the sand, then takes off. the Wolverines whiz by driving straight again, as the Tomahawks and Ocelot turn their attention to the Articulated tanks. The railguns fire a salvo of shots at the Tomahawks, whose energy shields crackle with seemingly excessive energy, destroying only one of them.
"Sir, was there any report of PHR in the area?"
"No, Sergeant, no PHR. You got that Ocelot yet?"
"Just about there Sir, I'd swear there were Erebos standing on top of the Sabres - I just watched three Hawks stand up to nine Sabres and only lose one tank. Something's up."
"We have to deal with what we've got."
"Thunderhawks inbound. Transmitting coordinates of the Ocelot."
"Understood. Deploying Rapiers, calling for orbital."
As the orbital strike rains down upon the Ocelot, breaking through its shields, disrupting its firing, a Dreamsnare steps into view on the far right flank and lumbers toward the desperate Artillery weapon. Suddenly the Ocelots shields begin to function again. The rapiers drop to the Northeast of the Sabres, and engage the Thunderhawks. Their attention is turned though, as over the complex the Firedrake glides into view, and turns its devastating weapon on the Wolverines. Only a couple survive the onslaught.
"Sir, Its more than a gate! It just destroyed five of our squad with some kind of area weapon! It just twisted the buggies like aluminum foil! They melted like wax! Get the Sabres out of there!"
"Get as much intel on it as you can, and get the hell out of there!"
"There's some new kind of walker too, sir, I think it may be boosting the shields of those Tomahawks, and the Ocelot. Oh god! it got the Albatross too!"
The devastated wreckage of the entire armor squad of the UCMs forces was a twisted testament to the power of the Firedrake's Disruption Cannon. The Shaltari's Ocelot recommenced firing upon the Rapiers, and quickly destroyed the three tanks. Down one Thunderhawk, the three remaining fliers overtook the two surviving Wolverines as they crested the dune, just in time to see a Warspear's Gauss Cannon strike the heart of the Command Kodiak...
- Ametkai
=======
Unite the Tribes!

welshfurey

Re: Storytime!

PostWed Apr 10, 2013 10:44 pm

I like it keep the fan fiction coming bud.
Rambling the ancient art of legal trespassing.

Loweko

PostFri Apr 12, 2013 2:44 pm

ah, the first fanfic. Always a healthy sign. Let's hope we see lots more in future!

I do enjoy a good fluff-laden battle report.

Ametkai

PostTue Oct 10, 2017 5:44 pm

Back to the forums - going to try and get my FLGS to support some DZC (maybe some DFC too)
Glad I wrote this - I particularly enjoyed the part when he described the firedrake as a dragon.
Hope all is well in Hawk Wargames Forumland
- London
- Ametkai
=======
Unite the Tribes!

Return to General Discussion