It is currently Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:49 pm

Invasion of Eden Prime Campaign pack?

Tell the world your Dropzone related trials and tribulations!
  • Author

Weidekuh

Re: Invasion of Eden Prime Campaign pack?

PostSat Feb 28, 2015 8:14 am

Yay last day of February?
Mhh i got a feeling it won't be out today...

Joking aside, any news on this? I'm still putting my DZC store campaign on hold because of this. I would have started in January. DZC is growing and it would be a perfect time to encourage more people to get into the game.
Resistance & Shaltari

SwordOfJustice

Hawk Talon

PostSat Feb 28, 2015 8:39 am

Hmm, I've been thinking to make my own. I'll colour photocopy some of the awesome artwork and come up with a story and some linked missions so players can start with a small army and progress to larger ones. If I can get some players to participate, that is.

The local store owner has two shops and is very interested to start stocking DZC again.

There are players in my area but some play Flames of War and are stuck to that like glue. Still, they have shown interest in dusting off the armies they bought when DZC first came out.
We have evolved beyond mere flesh and bone. We are the Post Human Republic.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBC9LIUpKeo

J.D. Welch

Hawk Talon

PostSat Feb 28, 2015 9:24 am

Weidekuh wrote:Joking aside, any news on this? I'm still putting my DZC store campaign on hold because of this. I would have started in January. DZC is growing and it would be a perfect time to encourage more people to get into the game.

I'm pretty sure I read/heard in one of the rumor reports from someone talking to Dave and Simon recently, not sure whether it was Invasion or the LVO, or maybe Faeit 212, that the campaign materials will be in the next Reconquest book, which will be coming out "this year", but not sure if that's "by GenCon", or some other event, like Fall Invasion, or Christmastime... But I know I read/heard that somewhere recently...

Sorry to break that news to you, W, but you might be better off putting together your own campaign if you want to get going sooner than later... ;)

If anyone can confirm or dispute this with certainty, please pipe up...
I love my job (well, I love having a job), but a bad day of gaming beats a good day of work every time!

http://www.theroadtovalhalla.blogspot.com

SwordOfJustice

Hawk Talon

PostSat Feb 28, 2015 11:25 am

I've launched into a "grow your army campaign" tonight. I'm very inspired and writing the player pack and designing four linked missions. It will have a back story, artwork and balanced missions.

It's in western Sydney Australia. Posted on Facebook group Dropzone Australia and Hall of Heroes Penrith.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/524013941015223/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/HoHPenrithCommunity/

And wow, four players have already said they're interested to play. Hope we can arrange it to happen. One is interested to buy a starter army and another will be borrowing an army to try the game out.
We have evolved beyond mere flesh and bone. We are the Post Human Republic.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBC9LIUpKeo

j. r. logan

Hawk Talon

PostSat Feb 28, 2015 3:34 pm

Dropzone Commander
Reconquest of Eden Prime

Week one 3/30 and two 4/6 will be played at the 550pts skirmish level, no commander.
Week one Mission will be Targets of Opportunity. Week two Mission will be Recon.

Week three 4/13 and four 4/20 will be played at the 750pts skirmish level, with commanders.
Week three Mission will be Encroachment. Week four Mission will be Search, played on a rural table.

Week five 4/27 and six 5/4 will be played at the 1000pt clash level, with commanders.
Week five Mission will be Demolition. Week six Mission will be Bridgehead.

Week seven 5/11 and eight 5/18 will be played at the 1250pt clash level, with commanders.
Week seven Mission will be Take and Extract. Week eight Mission will be Secure the Flanks.
Adepticon 2015 7th/12
Adepticon 2016 2500pts 7th/12
Adepticon 2016 1500pts 9th/20
Gen Con 2016 5th/25
Adepticon 2017 11th/18
Hawk Talon

J.D. Welch

Hawk Talon

PostSun Mar 01, 2015 8:01 am

j. r. logan wrote:Dropzone Commander
Reconquest of Eden Prime

Week one 3/30 and two 4/6 will be played at the 550pts skirmish level, no commander.
Week one Mission will be Targets of Opportunity. Week two Mission will be Recon.

Week three 4/13 and four 4/20 will be played at the 750pts skirmish level, with commanders.
Week three Mission will be Encroachment. Week four Mission will be Search, played on a rural table.

Week five 4/27 and six 5/4 will be played at the 1000pt clash level, with commanders.
Week five Mission will be Demolition. Week six Mission will be Bridgehead.

Week seven 5/11 and eight 5/18 will be played at the 1250pt clash level, with commanders.
Week seven Mission will be Take and Extract. Week eight Mission will be Secure the Flanks.

Is this an escalation league, j.r., and is it expected that after each "round" of points that those points' worth of models will be painted? So by the time you start Week Three and go to 750 point Skirmish level, is the intent that everyone will try to have their 550 points painted up? Or is the intent to just have everybody steadily grow their armies and get accustomed to playing the different scenarios?
I love my job (well, I love having a job), but a bad day of gaming beats a good day of work every time!

http://www.theroadtovalhalla.blogspot.com

j. r. logan

Hawk Talon

PostSun Mar 01, 2015 9:45 pm

J. D. yes it is an escalation league. Every two weeks the points go up. I am not as worried about painting as the group is small and just starting out. I would like to see them play more and work on the hobby side as they can. I felt that the mission show of the game. Some groups need more guidance than other so I wanted to set as much as I could up before the league was started.
Adepticon 2015 7th/12
Adepticon 2016 2500pts 7th/12
Adepticon 2016 1500pts 9th/20
Gen Con 2016 5th/25
Adepticon 2017 11th/18
Hawk Talon

BwanaJoe

PostSun Feb 25, 2018 4:46 am

So, yes, I know, very old thread, but did this pack ever come out?! I’d love to get the scenerios if possible!

purplehoob

Hawk Talon

PostTue Feb 27, 2018 10:01 am

I don't think the pack ever came out but I suppose you could email TT and see if its finished.

Personally I would just go ahead and design your own as it seems that every time I email them or post on facebook I either get told to wait and its coming or I get nothing.

Perhaps I am just overly cynical now.
Previous

Return to General Discussion