It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:22 am

Dropfleet Commander - Reasonable Inferences

Tell the world your Dropzone related trials and tribulations!
  • Author

Thunderboy

Hawk Talon

Re: Dropfleet Commander - Reasonable Inferences

PostMon May 04, 2015 1:52 pm

Well that was a nice reveal in the post Salute newsletter.
I hope they come out with a starterset as good as that for dropzone! But what do you guy's think is likly?
For Humanity!
26th at Autum Invasion 2016

J.D. Welch

Hawk Talon

PostTue May 05, 2015 5:28 am

Probably a 2-Player Starter, plus Starter Fleets for each of the first 4 factions, plus blisters. Plus a core rule book and the planet terrain you can buy separately. That'd be my guess...

Also, we don't know about other accessories, such as terrain, cards, anything else like that there... Could be anything, really, but I think at least one 2-Player Starter and core fleet starter sets...
I love my job (well, I love having a job), but a bad day of gaming beats a good day of work every time!

http://www.theroadtovalhalla.blogspot.com

Magnusaur

PostTue May 05, 2015 4:54 pm

Are the models made out of metal? I think the 2 player set is what got a lot of people into Dropzone, I hope they go with something similar for Dropfleet.
For the greater jellyfish!

jgcpalmer

PostTue May 05, 2015 5:57 pm

They may just have single faction starters to start, to try to get the early adapters in at a higher price - I hope that's not what they do, but it possibly makes financial sense.

I want to see a 2-player starter, but am wondering if they can achieve that level of detail with plastic - it might be a resin 2-player starter, which could make it expensive.

No buildings required though - I would assume it would just come with a map of some country in the DzC universe - hopefully double sided with 2 very different maps. I wouldn't mind if it also came with a couple other terrain pieces like satellites, etc.

Iron Skies

Hawk Talon

PostFri May 08, 2015 6:36 pm

Can't help it. Keep looking at the UCM ships and drooling over them, the Berlin class especially. Don't suppose Simon would reveal if it's all Dave's design work or if Patrice has been the art lead with input and direction?
Top Resistance Player - Invasion 2015

Stranger

PostSat May 09, 2015 6:52 pm

Can't stop looking at these ships! There is a very real danger of me getting a UCM fleet even though I don't play them in DZC, just so I can lend them to a friend and play! :D

Do we know the name of the last ship? We have Beijing, Berlin and Moscow, but not for the last ship?

Nightwolf

PostSun May 10, 2015 2:58 am

We have the Beijing-Class Battleship, the Berlin-Class Cruiser, the Paris-Class Cruiser, the Moscow-Class Heavy Cruiser, and the New Orleans-Class Strike Carrier.

The Paris-Class is the standard Cruiser, the Moscow-Class is an up-gunned Paris, and the Berlin-Class replaces some of the Paris-Class's railgun firepower for a MAC gun.

Stranger

PostSun May 10, 2015 1:39 pm

Nice! Where can I read more about that? The newsletter didn't mention Paris as far as I know?

Spearhead Epsilon

PostSun May 10, 2015 2:56 pm

The prow weapons on the Beijing and Berlin class ships have been referred to as 'burn through lasers'. By the sounds of it, i'm gonna go with Covenant energy projectors or anything similar.

I hope we get more previews soon, I want to see the dreadnought!! :lol:
If war is hell then I'm the Devil!

Nightwolf

PostSun May 10, 2015 3:40 pm

Spearhead Epsilon wrote:The prow weapons on the Beijing and Berlin class ships have been referred to as 'burn through lasers'. By the sounds of it, i'm gonna go with Covenant energy projectors or anything similar.

I have heard of them referred to as MAC guns, but not through any official source. If they are laser weaponry that would be really cool. Also, that would be one hell of a laser. :D

The Salute pictures contained images and names of all three cruiser types.
PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion