It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:41 pm

Beasts of War Dropfleet Commander Video

Tell the world your Dropzone related trials and tribulations!
  • Author

jgcpalmer

Beasts of War Dropfleet Commander Video

PostSat Sep 26, 2015 2:54 pm

Beasts of War talking with Andy Chambers and Dave Lewis about Dropfleet Commander.

A lot of details come out in this video. This game is looking incredible.

https://youtu.be/60U1OuAlTWg?t=12m30s

Thunderboy

Hawk Talon

Re: Beasts of War Dropfleet Commander Video

PostSat Sep 26, 2015 4:57 pm

More than 30minutes of DFZ talk. Was a good video.
Nice and structured.
For Humanity!
26th at Autum Invasion 2016

lothlanathorian

PostSun Sep 27, 2015 10:56 pm

Very much enjoyed watching that. First time I've cared enough to watch a BoW video. For those who don't want to watch it, Dave says they are aiming for the end of Oct for the KS and June for the game to begin coming out.
aags_jim7 wrote:Tactics aren't something to bitch about. They're what separate games from just rolling dice in a parking lot.

TinBane

PostMon Sep 28, 2015 12:37 am

BoW were canvassing members for questions.

Really exciting, and a great interview.

Kickstarter will have an exclusive mini, but it will just be a cruiser variant ("battle cruiser"). Basically heavy cruiser armament, with minor carrier capability, but without any extra point defence systems.

piperider361

Hawk Talon

PostMon Sep 28, 2015 3:32 am

TinBane wrote:Kickstarter will have an exclusive mini,

:evil: :? :roll:

TinBane

PostMon Sep 28, 2015 5:11 am

piperider361 wrote:

I think I've explained it poorly.
It will have an exclusive mini, but based on other things said by the team, you can build a slightly different looking version of the same loadout with the cruiser plastic kit. So, it may be more of a "prototype battlecruiser" rather than the only way to field one. They've said the sole purpose of the KS is to get production in plastic from the get-go, and they are being careful not to undermine retail.

What I take from that, is that the KS will be for the plastic starter set, and potentially the plastic kits. The resin releases, will be released in the standard manner (ie through hawk and retailers). The exception is that a limited edition ship is likely to be resin drop-in parts, because it will be a lower volume. It's possible the "exclusive mini" will be limited to a single cruiser component in resin, that looks different from the standard cruiser hull??

Weidekuh

PostMon Sep 28, 2015 5:44 am

I'm pretty sure that the KS exclusive is just the sculpt. The ship type will be available as a different scoulpt through retailers after the KS. I saw every possible interview about Dropfleet and this is always how it is hinted at.
Also it would make perfectly sense in how Hawk is doing their business. They take great care not to not affront anyone.
Resistance & Shaltari

Iron Skies

Hawk Talon

PostMon Sep 28, 2015 5:49 am

When interrogating Dave about it at invasion it's just a different sculpt. The normal battlecruiser will have the guns mounted on the top and bottom of it
Top Resistance Player - Invasion 2015

J.D. Welch

Hawk Talon

PostMon Sep 28, 2015 6:05 am

piperider361 wrote:

What I heard Dave say when they showed the sneak peek of the KS exclusive model was "this is one of the Kickstarter exclusives..." [emphasis mine]

So, more angry faces from Scott...

But, honestly, they need to have some exclusives for a KS to work the way people expect it to, and the end goal is to get the funding they need for all four Starter Sets, and that's about £20,000 per sprue, so...

Dave also emphasized that they want to make sure Retailers don't get screwed by the Hawk KS, so if we want Dropfleet to get funded so that we can have amazing plastic ships as well as just the game itself, back the bloody Kickstarter, Folks!!!

:D
I love my job (well, I love having a job), but a bad day of gaming beats a good day of work every time!

http://www.theroadtovalhalla.blogspot.com

Weidekuh

PostMon Sep 28, 2015 6:15 am

I'm predicting KS will be at target value in less than half time. Not worried at all. Those minis are just way to beautiful not to make an impact across the community. Then they'll have a sneap peak at the rules and sold. ;)
Resistance & Shaltari
Next

Return to General Discussion