It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:19 am

Beasts of War Dropfleet Commander Video

Tell the world your Dropzone related trials and tribulations!
  • Author

Bengt

Re: Beasts of War Dropfleet Commander Video

PostWed Sep 30, 2015 6:52 pm

Are fighters and bombers confirmed to be models? Wouldn't they be way too small? The 10 mm strike carrier model has no less than 100 Condor bays and how much larger than a Condor is a space fighter?

Creeping Dementia

PostWed Sep 30, 2015 9:28 pm

Bengt wrote:Are fighters and bombers confirmed to be models? Wouldn't they be way too small? The 10 mm strike carrier model has no less than 100 Condor bays and how much larger than a Condor is a space fighter?

They were confimed during an interview with Hawk a month or two ago, I don't remember which interview though.

jgcpalmer

PostWed Sep 30, 2015 9:50 pm

I could be misremembering but I thought fighters were just one of the close range weapons that some ships have. I hope they are real models though. Not sure how they would do them considering how tiny they would be, but I'd still love to see them.

SwordOfJustice

Hawk Talon

PostThu Oct 01, 2015 1:16 am

Come on Hawk, we need to see PHR! LOL
We have evolved beyond mere flesh and bone. We are the Post Human Republic.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBC9LIUpKeo

J.D. Welch

Hawk Talon

PostThu Oct 01, 2015 3:42 am

lothlanathorian wrote:I imagine that frigates will have multiple ships per box and am hoping that cruisers will, as well. Not knowing the scale of the game yet, I am hoping that the boxes are designed to take up less shelf space and get you a few ships at a time.

From what Dave told me at Gen Con, there will be multiple sprues in the Cruiser kit, and I believe what he said was two sprues. Then, each sprue will be capable of making any one of the Cruiser variants, so it will have all the options for all the variants, and it's up to you what you build from each sprue.

Frigate kits will function the same way, except there you will be able to make more than 2 per kit, I imagine, but I don't recall Dave mentioning a number.

And, Yes, unless the KS is wildly successful (and i certainly hope it is!), the other classes of ships that do not appear as frequently in lists, such as Battleships and Dreadnoughts, will be resin.

And there's lots of ways to represent squadrons of what would otherwise be tiny fighters and bombers in a game such as this. I've seen several versions (variations on the same theme, really) for Firestorm Armada and Dystopian Wars, both from Spartan...

Either way, I am freaking excited and want the KS up now so I can throw money at my computer until it gives me things.

:lol: That's a great image. Someone needs to make a meme of that!... :lol:
I love my job (well, I love having a job), but a bad day of gaming beats a good day of work every time!

http://www.theroadtovalhalla.blogspot.com

Thunderboy

Hawk Talon

PostThu Oct 01, 2015 5:29 pm

Vertrucio wrote:You can see tiny fighters and bombers inside the carrier model. Like other games of the scale, you'll probably see them represented as fighter squadrons or wings.

I figure they can fly independently, but can only attack at close quarters, meaning they're subject to point defense fire. Depending on the mechanics (and looking at BFG) they could potentially release torpedo bombers, which could launch torpedoes from a further distance, requiring you to go out fight them.

They will be tokens and as wings. Thats what I heard at Invasion. You can paint them up on the carrier though.
For Humanity!
26th at Autum Invasion 2016

lothlanathorian

PostThu Oct 01, 2015 8:41 pm

Yeah, I'd be wholly content with them being just tokens, like little radar blip style things. They're so small and the game is so very not about them that I don't much care about there being models for them even a little.
aags_jim7 wrote:Tactics aren't something to bitch about. They're what separate games from just rolling dice in a parking lot.

Creeping Dementia

PostFri Oct 02, 2015 1:58 am

lothlanathorian wrote:Yeah, I'd be wholly content with them being just tokens, like little radar blip style things. They're so small and the game is so very not about them that I don't much care about there being models for them even a little.

I'm completely opposite. I'm hoping for at least small model clusters representing air wings, even if they only function as markers. One of my favorite things about space battles is the cinematic feel of carriers and swarms of fighters/bombers, just wouldn't be the same for me if they were just tokens. Wouldn't be a deal breaker, but I would be disappointed.

lothlanathorian

PostFri Oct 02, 2015 2:34 am

I never cared for the little fiddly bomber and fighter models of BFG and know I won't want them for this. I wouldn't ever begrudge someone else having them, using them, and loving them.

And, by "token", I, also, would prefer acrylic marker things that look freakin' awesome.
aags_jim7 wrote:Tactics aren't something to bitch about. They're what separate games from just rolling dice in a parking lot.

Souleater

PostFri Oct 02, 2015 9:15 pm

lothlanathorian wrote:Yeah, I'd be wholly content with them being just tokens, like little radar blip style things. They're so small and the game is so very not about them that I don't much care about there being models for them even a little.

Another vote for this.
PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion