It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:20 am

FAT Mat vs Deep Cut Studios

Tell the world your Dropzone related trials and tribulations!
  • Author

shmitty

Hawk Talon

Re: FAT Mat vs Deep Cut Studios

PostThu Jul 21, 2016 4:42 pm

I ended up getting the Deep Cut mat. I'm really happy with it. The layout seems versatile for most missions and it looks great with the terrain.

J.D. Welch

Hawk Talon

PostThu Jul 21, 2016 8:36 pm

I like the details of that Deep Cut mat, and the layout looks decent, but the shipping! OHG, 29.90GBP to the US, for a total of 73.80GBP for the mousepad version! Sure, the pound is lower vis-à-vis the dollar thanks to Brexit, but, that's awfully steep, especially when I already have 2 F.A.T. Mats for DzC...

It would be nice to have for the variety for running tournaments and such, but I just can't plump for that much... :(
I love my job (well, I love having a job), but a bad day of gaming beats a good day of work every time!

http://www.theroadtovalhalla.blogspot.com

Akdakkar

Hawk Talon

PostThu Jul 21, 2016 10:17 pm

I really love the deep cut mat whit the con of the price for mouse pad mat.

I actually use de 4groind modulsr system. It's no so great finish but the modularity it's key for me but I'm thinking take several vinyl mats.

J.D. Welch

Hawk Talon

PostFri Jul 22, 2016 12:51 am

Akdakkar wrote:I really love the deep cut mat whit the con of the price for mouse pad mat.

I actually use de 4groind modulsr system. It's no so great finish but the modularity it's key for me but I'm thinking take several vinyl mats.

Sorry, but that was so garbled I don't understand what you're trying to say...

Try again? :)
I love my job (well, I love having a job), but a bad day of gaming beats a good day of work every time!

shmitty

Hawk Talon

PostFri Jul 22, 2016 3:24 am

J.D. Welch wrote:I like the details of that Deep Cut mat, and the layout looks decent, but the shipping! OHG, 29.90GBP to the US, for a total of 73.80GBP for the mousepad version! Sure, the pound is lower vis-à-vis the dollar thanks to Brexit, but, that's awfully steep, especially when I already have 2 F.A.T. Mats for DzC...

It would be nice to have for the variety for running tournaments and such, but I just can't plump for that much... :(

Yeah, shipping was brutal. I worked with some other local gamers and put together an order for 6 mats. He gave a decent shipping discount, which combined with the low pound made it a better deal.

Novus

PostFri Jul 22, 2016 4:33 am

Tip for FAT Mat owners... If you have a 40k version only, like I do, you can turn it over and the rubberized underside keeps the regular DzC tiles from slipping.

Akdakkar

Hawk Talon

PostFri Jul 22, 2016 4:12 pm

J.D. Welch wrote:
Akdakkar wrote:I really love the deep cut mat whit the con of the price for mouse pad mat.

Sorry, but that was so garbled I don't understand what you're trying to say...

Try again? :)

Sorry for that, english it´s not my natural language; I read it better than I write it :oops: :oops:

I only say that I use the 4ground modular terrain (http://www.4ground.co.uk/image/cache/da ... 00x500.jpg) and it´s great; you can change the roads from game to game; but it takes more time to prepare.

Better writed? :roll:

J.D. Welch

Hawk Talon

PostSat Jul 23, 2016 7:51 am

Yes, thank you.

Akdakkar

Hawk Talon

PostMon Jul 25, 2016 6:38 am

J.D. Welch wrote:Yes, thank you.

Happy to learn
Last edited by Akdakkar on Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

wowskyguy

Hawk Talon

PostMon Jul 25, 2016 2:41 pm

piperider361 wrote:I personally don't like the layout on the FAT mats. Makes placing three large buildings on the center line difficult unless you place them over roads.

I don't have the DCS one (yet) but the layout looks better to me.

Yeah... that's the only downside I noticed of FAT Mat. Other aspects, it's fantastic.

Cheers,
--
Andy

"Here's everything I know
about war: Somebody wins,
somebody loses, and
nothing is ever the same again."
Admiral Constanza Stark,
C.Y. 9784
PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion