It is currently Sat May 27, 2017 1:53 pm

Next releases?

Tell the world your Dropzone related trials and tribulations!
  • Author

BlackLegion

Next releases?

PostSun Apr 02, 2017 3:28 pm

So what do you think will be next for DZC?

The Famous Commanders of R:P2 are a given. As well as the previewed Fauna.

I wonder when the next PDFs for experimental units will pop up :)

And maybe the fabled new faction?

New terrain sets and missions for those?

R:P2 was pretty infantry-centric. So maybe P3 will focus on fast movers?

westman

Re: Next releases?

PostMon Apr 03, 2017 12:44 pm

BlackLegion wrote:
R:P2 was pretty infantry-centric. So maybe P3 will focus on fast movers?

Boosting (and bringing in more varieties of) FMs would be awesome.

ElectricPaladin

PostMon Apr 03, 2017 1:22 pm

The last new faction was Dropzone specific, so I kind of wonder if the next new faction will be Dropfleet specific. That could be a fun way to develop the game. Maybe in a few years, when Hawk develops an infiltration/skirmish 28mm game, we'll see a third new faction?

I, too, would like to see FMs get a little overhaul, and some more variety for those factions with only a single FM option would be awesome.

That said, I kind of wonder if the next thing in Dropzone's future isn't a second edition to clean up some of the fundamental rules. It's a great game, but it's actually pretty old, in terms of how much new stuff has been piled atop the original premise, and could probably benefit from a little restructuring.
Space Hedgehog

j. r. logan

PostMon Apr 03, 2017 11:17 pm

It would be nice to see some kind of fix for the FM to make them more playable in the game, not taking up a battle group might help.
Adepticon 2015 7th/12
Adepticon 2016 2500pts 7th/12
Adepticon 2016 1500pts 9th/20
Gen Con 2016 5th/25

SwordOfJustice

Hawk Talon

PostTue Apr 04, 2017 9:41 pm

How about adding an infantry slot to all factions in their Fast Mover battlegroup?

That way, you can include some Forward Observers and not play with a battlegroup less than your opponent if the FM does not come out of reserves. It's very thematic, and good for the game because it would remove one great issue preventing people taking FM: the loss of a battlegroup.

I would remove the restriction on forward observers needing LOS to enemy to give a plus one on the roll, also.

I would also allow Praetorians and Praetorian Snipers to also act as Forward Observers as a faction specific boost to UCM. Again, it's very thematic and strengthens air power as their speciality now that the Ferrum was weakened with Critical Locations and the lowering of drone ground attack.

And Scourge Corsairs need to be improved to accurately function as fighter bombers as they were intended to be. I've posted ideas on that before.
We have evolved beyond mere flesh and bone. We are the Post Human Republic.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBC9LIUpKeo

westman

PostWed Apr 05, 2017 7:03 am

Changing/removing the reserve roll, Removing the need to have them in a separate battle group with only air, and/or even giving players x PTS for free FM air support in some missions could all be ways of making FMs more attractive.

I hope Hawk doesn't develop a 3rd game system, with their size they would get spread too thinly. Currently they have enough issues delivering the two good Systems they have, don't you think?
Last edited by westman on Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

J.D. Welch

Hawk Talon

PostWed Apr 05, 2017 8:00 am

westman wrote:I hope Hawk doesn't develop a 3rd game system, with their size they would get spread too thinly. Currently they have enough issues delivering the two good Systems they have, don't you think?

I don't think there's too much chance of that happening any time soon. They know they've got a lot on their hands as it is, and that there's much to be done with both systems, and they want them both to be healthy.

That's not to say that they won't ever come out with a third system, or more, but they're in it for the long haul, and that means making what they've got solid and healthy, and sustaining them.
I love my job (well, I love having a job), but a bad day of gaming beats a good day of work every time!

http://www.theroadtovalhalla.blogspot.com

Klarg1

PostWed Apr 05, 2017 2:05 pm

SwordOfJustice wrote:How about adding an infantry slot to all factions in their Fast Mover battlegroup?

That way, you can include some Forward Observers and not play with a battlegroup less than your opponent if the FM does not come out of reserves. It's very thematic, and good for the game because it would remove one great issue preventing people taking FM: the loss of a battlegroup.

I would remove the restriction on forward observers needing LOS to enemy to give a plus one on the roll, also.

I would also allow Praetorians and Praetorian Snipers to also act as Forward Observers as a faction specific boost to UCM. Again, it's very thematic and strengthens air power as their speciality now that the Ferrum was weakened with Critical Locations and the lowering of drone ground attack.

And Scourge Corsairs need to be improved to accurately function as fighter bombers as they were intended to be. I've posted ideas on that before.

I like the idea of giving the snipers the ability to be air observers, (or, perhaps, giving them a special spotter ability in addition to normal observers?)

I was skeptical of adding infantry to FM battlegroups, but you convinced me. Anything that lowers the barriers to to bringing them, without fundamentally breaking the unit type is a good thing. This change might help.
Forsan et haec olim pinxisse iuvabit

I maintain a Miniatures Blog, full of detailed WIPs and random miniatures-ramblings.You can read it here: http://blindmetalminis.blogspot.com

Novus

PostWed Apr 05, 2017 3:27 pm

Why does there need to be an FM battlegroup, at all? Why not just add them to Command, Infantry, or Scout BGs like you would Support units or Exotics?

BlackLegion

PostWed Apr 05, 2017 10:07 pm

J.D. Welch wrote:
westman wrote:I hope Hawk doesn't develop a 3rd game system, with their size they would get spread too thinly. Currently they have enough issues delivering the two good Systems they have, don't you think?

I don't think there's too much chance of that happening any time soon. They know they've got a lot on their hands as it is, and that there's much to be done with both systems, and they want them both to be healthy.

That's not to say that they won't ever come out with a third system, or more, but they're in it for the long haul, and that means making what they've got solid and healthy, and sustaining them.

Ooh "Droptroop Commander" (28mm skirmish game, basically the CQB of DZC) would be something to look forward to ;)
Next

Return to General Discussion