It is currently Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:20 pm

New show only model

Tell the world your Dropzone related trials and tribulations!
  • Author

BlackLegion

New show only model

PostThu Apr 20, 2017 5:26 pm

]From Facebook:
With only a few days until Salute 2017, we wanted to show a few of the exciting new things that we will have at this year’s show, including the new Show-Only model for Dropzone Commander and our first official Show-Only model for Dropfleet Commander.

For Dropfleet Commander, we have the Athens Class Light Cruiser, which is a model variant on the Osaka Class Light Cruiser - the rules for which can be found in the Dropfleet Commander Rulebook.

For Dropzone Commander, we have the Scorpion Warstrider, which is a model variant on the Jaguar Warstrider for the Shaltari, the rules for which can be found in the Core Dropzone Commander Rulebook. This variant has 4 legs making it very different in looks from its Jaguar relative.

Both of these models will be available at Salute in limited numbers, but will be available from many of the shows that Hawk Wargames will be at from now until April 2018. Visit the booth early to ensure you pick up one of these and a few other of the select show only sets. Along with these we will of course have both Dropzone Commander and Dropfleet Commander ranges available on our stand, along with 4 demo tables and the 10ft Avenger model.

Due to there being a number of Saratoga Class Light Cruiser models that are still to go out from orders placed, we will not have this on sale at Salute (we are shipping them out as quickly as we can manufacture these). However, we will be extending the time that this product is on sale on our site to allow for those who were planning to get one at Salute. This will extend to the end of April 2017.

We look forward to seeing many of you at the show this Saturday!

Drcox

Re: New show only model

PostThu Apr 20, 2017 7:51 pm

I just finished painting my Shaltari - damn you Hawk! Damn you all (model looks great)

Cry of the Wind

Hawk Talon

PostThu Apr 20, 2017 7:54 pm

Really love the Scorpion...would be more likely to start an army with several of those. Only issue I have is it takes away from the cool tripod theme they have going on.

Vtmobius

PostThu Apr 20, 2017 11:55 pm

I hope these find a way on the website soon. awesome models.

Cry of the Wind

Hawk Talon

PostFri Apr 21, 2017 12:43 am

Vtmobius wrote:I hope these find a way on the website soon. awesome models.

They normally do once a year or so but it could be a long wait as they are brand new. What you can do instead is attend an event run by a local Talon as we get access to these event only models as possible prizes.

It really is an aweseome way for Hawk to help encourage you to attend our Talon events (and give us Talons something cool to offer!) and gives those of us who don't live anywhere near official Hawk events to have a chance at getting these models. For comparison last year I gave out 4 Aegeon Dropships and 2 Escape Pods and this year I already have my hands on an Athena light cruiser to give out at the League I am running in Calgary starting tomorrow!

ZombiePirate

PostFri Apr 21, 2017 8:09 am

Still waiting for show only Scourge :P

westman

PostFri Apr 21, 2017 9:06 am

That 4-legged Jaguar variant looks awesome!

SwordOfJustice

Hawk Talon

PostSat Apr 22, 2017 4:11 am

I love these! What a welcome surprise from Hawk.
We have evolved beyond mere flesh and bone. We are the Post Human Republic.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBC9LIUpKeo

Mike Mee

PostMon Apr 24, 2017 5:21 pm

Mines going to be my Ocelot :D

Major Awesome

PostTue Apr 25, 2017 2:38 am

Mike Mee wrote:Mines going to be my Ocelot :D

Ooooooh MAN that's a good idea! This could make a fantastic and unique Coyote as well; it looks like it just needs the Coyote pod which is already magnetized for me!
~Major Awesome~
Hedgehog schemer, Resistance lover, and on those random full moons when PHR aren't everywhere my true nature as cyborg comes out.
Next

Return to General Discussion