It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:48 pm

Question Regarding Retail Packs

Tell the world your Dropzone related trials and tribulations!
  • Author

Cblase

Question Regarding Retail Packs

PostWed May 10, 2017 5:04 pm

I recently just purchased a fleet of PHR units and I had some questions regarding the purchasing options for some of the units and their variants. I noticed that some of the packages come with all variants of a given hull type, for example the Poseidon/Njord, while others do not. I just bought the Triton A1 package and the A2 package and noticed that for the same price the A2 package just doesn't come with the troop carrying piece, which almost seems like a ripoff? Even if I wanted the A2 its still nice to have that extra piece just in case I need to switch. Since most of the packages seem to come with variants in mind, I wanted to ask if this A2 variant Triton package I bought is maybe an incorrect packaging error? Are these packages still being sold? I can't image why someone would buy it when the other package comes with more for the same price, and pretty much all other packages come with variant parts in mind? I just wanted to clarify in case I should contact the seller and see if they would be willing to swap the package or possibly send me that extra piece. It seems like most websites dont really clearly describe exactly what pieces or variants a package comes with. Has this happened to anyone else?

Major Awesome

Re: Question Regarding Retail Packs

PostWed May 10, 2017 8:15 pm

Good question! Basically, Hawk initially separated all units into different blisters, that's why there were different blisters with minimal differences in content. In the last year they have been developing combined blisters of product. They have been slowly consolidating mostly-alike models into new combo blisters, and as new units are created that are only slight variations of payload (i.e. Poseidon vs Njord/Poseidon), the older blister is no longer produced and the newer package will be replacing the older one.

Unfortunately, that means some older stock still only has the only original model in it.

I would bet that if you contacted Hawk with any concern about not getting the correct product they MAY be able to help?
~Major Awesome~
Hedgehog schemer, Resistance lover, and on those random full moons when PHR aren't everywhere my true nature as cyborg comes out.

Cblase

PostWed May 10, 2017 8:55 pm

Well I didn't purchase it from Hawk directly, as I am in the states, It's cheaper to order from state side retailers. Maybe I'll contact the retailer and see what they can do to help me out. Definitely thought it was worth mentioning to the forums for any current or interested parties looking into buying into Dropzone. Thanks!

*Edit* Thinking about it further, I realize that some of the units packaging were changed with the addition of new units, I.E. the Poseidon getting a new package to add the Njord pieces. However, the Tritons A1 and A2 were in the initial launch of the game, so at no point were these units changed or modified in a way that would dictate two separate product packaging. So while I agree that their might be some older packages of units missing pieces for their newer variants, there shouldn't really ever be two different Triton packages right?

Mike Mee

PostWed May 10, 2017 11:03 pm

I think the plan is to eventually re package all the blisters with art too like the dropfleet stuff. I guess that's when they will sort all the duel blisters out too.

Cry of the Wind

Hawk Talon

PostWed May 10, 2017 11:21 pm

According to the Hawk website the Tritons are seperate packs as of today. If you look at the Poseidon contents it explains it is also packed with Njord parts. So those have been and still are seperate packs.

LiamK

PostThu May 11, 2017 9:07 am

Only the newer Units have been dual blistered.

In the long term we plan to combine some more codes (such as the mentioned Tritons) to make it easier for stocking gamestores and distributors, but it requires a lot of repackaging of existing products so it isn't a quick overnight process.

Mike Mee

PostThu May 11, 2017 2:44 pm

Hawk Liam wrote:Only the newer Units have been dual blistered.

In the long term we plan to combine some more codes (such as the mentioned Tritons) to make it easier for stocking gamestores and distributors, but it requires a lot of repackaging of existing products so it isn't a quick overnight process.

:D I wish it was sooner though, I like duel blisters.

Cblase

PostFri May 12, 2017 4:51 pm

I have another question:

I purchased a bunch of PHR unit packs to build my PHR army, and so far two of the packs came with a couple incorrect pieces. I was curious if hawk has any services available for correcting this kind of issue? I Don't think retailers have any way of fixing the issue so I thought I would check if anyone knows if hawk can provide assistance?

Cry of the Wind

Hawk Talon

PostFri May 12, 2017 5:09 pm

Best to contact Hawk directly. They are great at fixing problems while the retailer has no ability to help you.

J.D. Welch

Hawk Talon

PostSat May 13, 2017 8:50 am

Cblase wrote:I have another question:

I purchased a bunch of PHR unit packs to build my PHR army, and so far two of the packs came with a couple incorrect pieces. I was curious if hawk has any services available for correcting this kind of issue? I Don't think retailers have any way of fixing the issue so I thought I would check if anyone knows if hawk can provide assistance?

Cry of the Wind wrote:Best to contact Hawk directly. They are great at fixing problems while the retailer has no ability to help you.

Email info@hawkwargames.com and tell them exactly what the problem is, and include a picture or two if appropriate, it never hurts. They are very good about sending out replacement parts or missing parts. Usually pretty quick about it, too, but they tend to not reply to your email, your replacement stuff just turns up in your mailbox a week or two later. (So, be sure to include your mailing address in your email.) You should get your replacement parts within 1-3 weeks. If 3 weeks goes by and you haven't received anything in the mail, send them one more email as a reminder; spamming them with daily emails, or multiple emails a day, demanding a reply, will get you ignored. But a single, polite post on this forum, in its own topic, will likely get noticed, too, if you feel that it's been too long.

Keep in mind that, like many small businesses with a global footprint, they are severely understaffed. They're working on that, but for now, consider that every one Hawk employee generally has three or more people's worth of "jobs" that they're responsible for, and there's only so many hours in the day.

And, no, the Retailers can't do anything for you, just go straight to Hawk.

Often they throw in a little something extra to make up for your inconvenience. Don't ask for it, they just do it, but not always.

You just need to be polite, patient, and don't expect an email confirmation of your email. If you get one, great. It's not perfect, but I've never had a problem getting replacement/missing parts...
I love my job (well, I love having a job), but a bad day of gaming beats a good day of work every time!

http://www.theroadtovalhalla.blogspot.com

Return to General Discussion