It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:59 pm

Moving too Close to Enemies

Stuck on a rules interpretation, get it answered here!
  • Author

Achiles625

Moving too Close to Enemies

PostSat May 20, 2017 6:36 am

I could swear that I read a rule that you couldn't end your moving less than a minimum distance from the enemy. Am I just imagining it or does that rule actually exist somewhere? Thanks!

Cry of the Wind

Hawk Talon

Re: Moving too Close to Enemies

PostSat May 20, 2017 7:41 am

Maybe you are thinking of the LZ is Hot rule? Pg 44 of the main rule book v1.1. You cannot land a transport aircraft if there are enemies within 3" and LoS of the LZ Template. Beyond that there are no rules for being too close. It would make units armed with CC weapons very sad if they could not approach the enemy to engage them...

Achiles625

PostSat May 20, 2017 4:08 pm

Cry of the Wind wrote:Maybe you are thinking of the LZ is Hot rule? Pg 44 of the main rule book v1.1. You cannot land a transport aircraft if there are enemies within 3" and LoS of the LZ Template. Beyond that there are no rules for being too close. It would make units armed with CC weapons very sad if they could not approach the enemy to engage them...

Maybe that was it. Maybe I am accidentally carrying rules over from Flames of War. We just had a scenario that seemed really cheesy. The shaltari player boxed in the scourge player's invader apc against a building for 3 turns with his kukris.

J.D. Welch

Hawk Talon

PostSun May 21, 2017 7:25 am

Achiles625 wrote:
Cry of the Wind wrote:Maybe you are thinking of the LZ is Hot rule? Pg 44 of the main rule book v1.1. You cannot land a transport aircraft if there are enemies within 3" and LoS of the LZ Template. Beyond that there are no rules for being too close. It would make units armed with CC weapons very sad if they could not approach the enemy to engage them...

Maybe that was it. Maybe I am accidentally carrying rules over from Flames of War. We just had a scenario that seemed really cheesy. The shaltari player boxed in the scourge player's invader apc against a building for 3 turns with his kukris.

Nope, that's legal. There are no restrictions other than you must be able to place the model...
I love my job (well, I love having a job), but a bad day of gaming beats a good day of work every time!

http://www.theroadtovalhalla.blogspot.com

Mike Mee

PostSun May 21, 2017 10:44 am

I just wish my hover crafts could ram other skimmers. Because let's face it, if they ram an actual tank they would fall apart ;-)

Return to Rules Queries