It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:02 pm

Flammer and multiple CQB

Stuck on a rules interpretation, get it answered here!
  • Author

daniyou

Flammer and multiple CQB

PostMon May 29, 2017 6:46 am

Hi!

In the last game of 4 players, everyone against everyone, there was a situation where I have a flammer and two of my enemies where in CQB.

Rules specify that I cant use it against CQB, but I thought that was stupid, because there is only enemy infrantry.

So, can I use my flammer against an enemy CQB?

Thx!

J.D. Welch

Hawk Talon

Re: Flammer and multiple CQB

PostMon May 29, 2017 7:03 am

You can't use it if you're in the building, but I don't see why you couldn't pick one base of enemy Infantry to fry. Depends on how you want to affect the outcome of the CQB.

It could be a technicality for game abstraction purposes if you couldn't, but I don't see why not...
I love my job (well, I love having a job), but a bad day of gaming beats a good day of work every time!

http://www.theroadtovalhalla.blogspot.com

Cry of the Wind

Hawk Talon

Re: Flammer and multiple CQB

PostMon May 29, 2017 3:03 pm

I'd just house rule it that you are allowed to fire a flame weapon as normal into a building that doesn't contain your troops. With a multiplayer game you have to have a little extra preperation anyway so I don't see why you can't discuss how the group wants to handle it.

I'm curious why it is prevented from firing into CQB from a design point. Especially since it specifies you cannot fire into buildings with friendlies right after that (which is implied by a CQB in non multiplayer games). I could understand if they didn't want to add rules about random fire hitting things since it might be harder to pick one target out of a CQB fight but its just as likely the enemies are not super mixed up but rather holding down hallways/rooms across from each other (making it easier to flamer just one unit).

Return to Rules Queries