It is currently Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:29 am

Using the Totem Warspire

Stuck on a rules interpretation, get it answered here!
  • Author

Bohica

Using the Totem Warspire

PostThu Aug 17, 2017 1:32 pm

I'm confused and need some clarification regarding using the Totem Warspire. The Energy Beam and Energy Shield are listed as Alt-1 weapons so how do handle these situations:

1)The Totem materializes on a building on the first activation of a turn and fires its Energy Beam, then in the next activation the opposing player fires at the building the Totem is sitting upon. Since the totem fired the Energy Beam does that mean that the Energy Shield can not be used for the rest of the turn?

2) It is the next turn and the opponent has been shooting at the building the Totem is perched on top of but the Totem has not yet activated this turn; am I correct to understand that the Energy Shield automatically protects the building even though Totem hasn't activated yet and its last action was to fire the Energy Beam in the previous turn?

3) Now it's the Totem's turn to activate but its Energy Shield has been saving the building from hostile shots prior to activating (situation 2). Can the Totem use its Energy Bean since the Energy Shield has been active?

I ask these because the weapons are listed as Alt-1. I think I know the answer to question 1, but am confused on 2 & 3 so any guidance is appreciated.

I am using my Totem for the first time in a game tomorrow evening (8/18/17) and want to be sure to do it right.

Lorn

Hawk Talon

Re: Using the Totem Warspire

PostThu Aug 17, 2017 3:10 pm

1. Correct as both are Alt-1 it cannot use both at the same time.

2. No the beam counts as a weapon shot just the effect is different, instead of dealing damage you prtotect a building. Though timingwise it works like a weapon and it is listed as one. Also reread the "Structure shield" text you need to hit the structure how would you hit it if you did not "fire" the shield?

3. Yes but the shield then disappears.

German space magic for PHR would you like to know more?
http://www.hawkforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=7017

German space magic for all and this time it is in Space!
viewtopic.php?f=36&t=10506

Bohica

PostThu Aug 17, 2017 6:20 pm

Thanks Lorn

J.D. Welch

Hawk Talon

PostFri Aug 18, 2017 5:21 am

Also, probably not a good idea to put the Totem on top of the structure you're trying to protect... ;)
I love my job (well, I love having a job), but a bad day of gaming beats a good day of work every time!

http://www.theroadtovalhalla.blogspot.com

Return to Rules Queries