It is currently Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:28 am

Falling Masonry

Stuck on a rules interpretation, get it answered here!
  • Author

aags_jim7

Re: Falling Masonry

PostFri Nov 16, 2012 10:58 am

Well, by your interpretation, it should state 'for each damage point...', but it doesn't. It's a little unclear for a rule that is used so often. Can we get a 'Hawk' with a final word? Had contention in my store today about this exact wording.

Lorn

Hawk Talon

PostFri Nov 16, 2012 11:10 am

Have you read simons answer? If it would be per attack this would make no sense, furthermore I see no room for the interpretation that the rolls are per attack. The trigger is the building gaining a damage point singular not plural.

German space magic for PHR would you like to know more?
http://www.hawkforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=7017

German space magic for all and this time it is in Space!
viewtopic.php?f=36&t=10506

Rat

PostFri Nov 16, 2012 11:51 am

What Lorn said.
ALEA IACTA EST

aags_jim7

PostFri Nov 16, 2012 6:30 pm

Simon's answer is what prompted me to ask for clarification.

As for my interpretation, this rule could have been better written to properly convey it's meaning. 'For each damage point sustained, roll a D6' would have been much more clear than 'Each time the building sustains a damage point'. The trigger in RAW could be interpreted as 'at the point when an attack causes damage on a building' as that would be the 'time' the building sustained the damage point.

Either way, how I and my group originally interpreted the rule right now is, like a cow's opinion, a moo point. Thanks for the clarification!

Spellbound

PostSun Nov 18, 2012 5:42 pm

My group rolls once per damage point, so a single shot at a building could cause 4 DP to each squad in a building if you rolled as such for each unit in the building.

As for the shaltari, though, I think you are rolling it wrong. They suffer damage from falling masonry on a 5+, instead of a 4+.

The actual roll for damage is just E6 vs their armor as normal.

Difference being I believe the wording is "suffer damage from falling masonry on a 5+", not "suffer a point of damage on a 5+".
Previous

Return to Rules Queries