It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:01 am

Defence / Reinforcements Rosters

Stuck on a rules interpretation, get it answered here!
  • Author

Gedderz

Defence / Reinforcements Rosters

PostSun Nov 18, 2012 7:59 pm

With the Defence roster and the reinforcements roster you are allowed maximum of; 1/3rd of total pts, and 2/3rds of total pts respectively. However To get these two bang on is going to be nearly impossible.

Currently the only way I see reasonably of being able to make a defensive force is be under the point limit by a fair margin. Which considering most of your army comes in from reserve anyway makes things very difficult.

So does anyone have any thoughts on how to make this possible?

Edit: Wasn't sure if this was to go under rules or army building please feel free to move if it's wrong :?

Spectrar Ghost

Re: Defence / Reinforcements Rosters

PostMon Nov 19, 2012 3:14 am

What do you consider "a fair margin"? If you're routinely running 50 short, that's a problem, albeit one that is easy to solve with a pair of Scouts and maye an accompanying dropship.

I'm 20 under for the 1500 pt UCM list I worked up. 9 points short on the Defense Force, 11 on the Reinforcements. The list is 90% identical to the 1500pt Standard List I have; different dropships for the armor, no dropships for the Infantry, two extra Wolverines and they get dropships. The Scouts got split off the Field Command to their own BG. Oh, I had to downgrade the Commander a bit too.

20 points at that level is 1.333% of the list, a difference that is far too small to notice compared to the variance you get from die rolling. As I've said elsewhere, running even 2-3% short won't matter too much. It's really only a problem in smaller games where you'll tend to have the same absolute shortage, but it makes up a proportionally larger part of your total allotment.

Edit: if you want to see the lists I'd be happy to post them.

GISteve

PostMon Nov 19, 2012 1:04 pm

The defence force CANNOT take aerial transports or aircraft units (FMs & Gunships) (pg 52).

Spectrar Ghost

PostMon Nov 19, 2012 2:09 pm

Which is why the infantry don't get them... I'm not sure of your point?

GISteve

PostTue Nov 20, 2012 1:26 pm

Geddez, can we see the roster you've put together?

Spectrar, I was replying to you first paragraph which said "take a pair of scouts and a dropship". Just wanted to clear that up with the O.P.

Spectrar Ghost

PostTue Nov 20, 2012 5:58 pm

Gotcha. Yeah, I put a Legionnaire and a Field Command BG in the defnese force, and an Armored Formation, a Special Ordinance Section, and an Expeditionary Groupvin the Reinforcements. The spare Wolverines went into the Expeditionary Group.

Return to Rules Queries