It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:27 pm

Fast roping

Stuck on a rules interpretation, get it answered here!
  • Author

Charif

Hawk Talon

Fast roping

PostSun Jan 19, 2014 12:34 pm

Hey guys

So, the pretorians have the Fast roping rule, but what does it actually do? As far as we read it the only thing it does is allow you to drop pretorians off, ignoring the LZ rule. Other then that, well? It still states that it works as a normal disembark, so the raven is still limited to half move.

Is this correct?

Thanks

Elfface

Re: Fast roping

PostMon Jan 20, 2014 1:36 pm

It's biggest strength seems to be that you can enter a building directly from the ship as you fly over it, albeit at half movement.

And, by entering from the roof, you can enter occupied buildings without worrying about people in the windows, which usually prevents access.

So if you think taking buildings via CQB is going to be something your army does a lot, then that's what it's for. I think.

dread2005

Hawk Talon

PostFri Sep 26, 2014 3:01 pm

I am not sure with the "half MV" becaus the rule says:

The transport needs to be on top of a Roof so they can use "Fast Roping". After this it tells it counts as "normal disembarking", but it is not a normal disembarking, its just a count as!

So the movment is finished allready to get on top of a roof, after this its like normal disembarking into Buildings... so i think there is no limitation to the half MV rule...

sorry for my bad english
Quote: " nothing is ever easy " by zedicus zul zorrander

Dropfleet ADMIRAL may Mankind conquer the universe
UCM ~2500 Points, PHR ~2000 Points

Dropzone GENERAL revenge of Mankind
PHR 2000 Points, UCM 3500 Points

Calmdown

Hawk Talon

PostFri Sep 26, 2014 3:21 pm

I also read it wondering whether this meant that they could rope in without the transport moving half move, but given that it says "they may disembark" this isn't the case.

What it does, is it lets you get into a building via the roof. This avoids defended walls, makes it easier to get into buildings with only one badly-placed entrance, etc.

So it isn't amazing, but it's kind of free.
Resistance Commander, Shaltari Warleader, Poster of Long Forum Threads
Hawk Talon (Liverpool, UK)

dread2005

Hawk Talon

PostMon Sep 29, 2014 7:22 am

I still disagree, there is just a sentence about the "disembarking" in combination with "ground transports" so it takes care of the "direct into the Building" Rule.

But there is no telling about embarking at all, so I would say the Half MV dose just mater for Embarking, and you need to use the Building doors as well, but that’s it...

I still don’t see the half MV for disembarking with the special rule! But maybe it’s just me :(

snolb

Hawk Talon

PostMon Sep 29, 2014 7:27 am

Why don't post a question in the rules thread and get a right answer directly from the Hawk Team?
Official the worst player in Sweden!

Dedicated DzC Swedish Facebook group!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/702576909788030/

Egge

PostMon Sep 29, 2014 12:52 pm

If you are going to ignore the basic rules it should specifically state what it may do that isn't in the rulebook.

Does it states you may move at full speed and disembark? If not the answer is no.

It need to specifically state that they may get of even without the transport moving at full speed.

Cameron

Hawk Talon

PostTue Sep 30, 2014 2:33 pm

I agree, this seems pretty clear. The rules for disembarking/embarking require that you move at half speed, and this counts as a disembark. Unless there is a rule that says you can ignore the normal restrictions (like with the Apollo), you have to move at half speed.
Live in the Bay Area? Let's play a game

dread2005

Hawk Talon

PostTue Sep 30, 2014 3:08 pm

Cameron wrote:I agree, this seems pretty clear. The rules for disembarking/embarking require that you move at half speed, and this counts as a disembark. Unless there is a rule that says you can ignore the normal restrictions (like with the Apollo), you have to move at half speed.

So how does the "embarking" work now? do they Rope back on board via the Roof? Or not?

Egge

PostTue Sep 30, 2014 6:46 pm

Embarking is not mentioned in their rules. So no ropes for that.
Next

Return to Rules Queries