It is currently Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:58 am

Basic CQB Question

Stuck on a rules interpretation, get it answered here!
  • Author

Weidekuh

Re: Basic CQB Question

PostMon Jun 27, 2016 5:26 am

Only one fight. When the Occupier activates, the CQB starts. Attacker infantry units in CQB count as being activated for the rest of the turn. So they can't do anything else.

So if you don't wipe out your enemy or they flee, they are locked in CQB.

You can use that to your advantage.

- If you outnumber your enemy as Occupier, it doesn't matter if you win or lose. As long as you survive and don't flee, you can continue searching and if you find the objective, legg it.
- You can stall enemy elite infantry by throwing cheap stuff at him and hiping it survives. Problem is, most super elite infantry mop up standard infantry in one round... :P
- If you can get into an Objective building before the enemy, you can delay him by at least one turn. Maybe even more. As long as he did not wipe you out, he can't search. Suddenly a cheap infantry unit that survives 1+ turns of CQB in an Objective building that is important to your opponent may win you the game.
Resistance & Shaltari

Bazlord101

PostMon Jun 27, 2016 6:43 am

Cool, thanks! We'll finally play a game correctly one of these days!

Firebat

PostFri Jul 08, 2016 9:22 pm

You might look at command cards, I know of a resistance command card that allows you to start cqb immediately upon entering a building occupied with enemy troops, but I think it is resistance specific.

Firebat out. :mrgreen:

Happy Wargaming :D

snolb

Hawk Talon

PostSat Jul 09, 2016 6:05 am

Firebat wrote:You might look at command cards, I know of a resistance command card that allows you to start cqb immediately upon entering a building occupied with enemy troops, but I think it is resistance specific.

Firebat out. :mrgreen:

Happy Wargaming :D

It is Famous Commander specific... ;)
Official the worst player in Sweden!

Dedicated DzC Swedish Facebook group!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/702576909788030/

Firebat

PostMon Jul 11, 2016 8:57 am

OH yes I realize it was Gunnarr of Elysium.

Good card.

Firebat out. ;)

Viktor

PostTue Jul 26, 2016 11:05 am

Quick question on passing objectives between units:

How many times can an objective be handed off? Can I pass it from my immortals to my Juno, move the Juno 6" then pass it to an Apollo, then move the apollo, then pass it to....
Ie is it theoretically possibly to daisy chain all the way off the table if you are set up right?

Maninblue

PostTue Jul 26, 2016 12:26 pm

Viktor wrote:Quick question on passing objectives between units:

How many times can an objective be handed off? Can I pass it from my immortals to my Juno, move the Juno 6" then pass it to an Apollo, then move the apollo, then pass it to....
Ie is it theoretically possibly to daisy chain all the way off the table if you are set up right?

Yes.
As far as I am aware, there is no limit to the number of times an objective can be handed off in a turn.
However... remember that while units can hand objectives off, it has to be during their activation.
Thus you don't just have to have the units spaced just right, you also have to time their activations in the right order. So you'll be pretty predictable if your enemy wants to strike at the chain, but it is marvellous when it comes off.
Dave 2 / Man in Blue
~ "Something he disagreed with ate him."

J.D. Welch

Hawk Talon

PostWed Jul 27, 2016 2:48 am

Maninblue wrote:
Viktor wrote:Quick question on passing objectives between units:

Yes.
As far as I am aware, there is no limit to the number of times an objective can be handed off in a turn.
However... remember that while units can hand objectives off, it has to be during their activation.
Thus you don't just have to have the units spaced just right, you also have to time their activations in the right order. So you'll be pretty predictable if your enemy wants to strike at the chain, but it is marvellous when it comes off.

Also, remember that when an Apollo Transitions to Jump mode, it becomes an aircraft, and as such has to immediately drop the objective it was carrying. It can still walk its 6", however, and then hand off to another friendly unit that is within 2" of it...
I love my job (well, I love having a job), but a bad day of gaming beats a good day of work every time!

http://www.theroadtovalhalla.blogspot.com
Previous

Return to Rules Queries