It is currently Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:31 pm

Barrage questions

Stuck on a rules interpretation, get it answered here!
  • Author

shel5210

Hawk Talon

Barrage questions

PostSat Feb 20, 2016 9:40 pm

1) Since buildings are always hit on a 2+, doe that mean barrage weapons always hit buildings? As on a roll of a 1 barrage weapons just scatter, and a 1" scatter means the template still hits the building?

2)If a template is fired at a longer range using the double barrage value as the target is not countered, and it scatters onto something that is countered and is thus out of range, does it still hit?

3)If I am drawing line of sight through scouts, but the target is in cover relative to the scouts is there a cover penalty to accuracy?

Droachmega

Hawk Talon

Re: Barrage questions

PostSat Feb 20, 2016 11:03 pm

1) That is correct, the templeate would just deviate 1"

2) As far as I know the range is to the initial target and any units tgat might fall under a deviated template will still be hit.

3) As long as the taget is visable by your scout unit there won't be a cover penalty

Ravager

PostSun Feb 21, 2016 12:02 am

On 3), I'm fairly sure that while Hull Down doesn't inflict a modifier, Soft Cover does (unless the weapon also has Through Cover).

Lorn

Hawk Talon

PostSun Feb 21, 2016 12:32 am

shel5210 wrote:1) Since buildings are always hit on a 2+, doe that mean barrage weapons always hit buildings? As on a roll of a 1 barrage weapons just scatter, and a 1" scatter means the template still hits the building?

No, if you target a building with a template weapon, it follows different rules normally you gain Demo-2 but loose your template (see p. 40 of the main Rulebook in the last para). Barrage weapons do not gain Demo-2 but double their barrage value (unless the building has countermeasures). Thus if you directly target a building there would be no template thus a 1 would still miss.

2)If a template is fired at a longer range using the double barrage value as the target is not countered, and it scatters onto something that is countered and is thus out of range, does it still hit?

Yes the same as if your target was out of range and the template scattered onto it. Though remember that you cannot use buildings for that (see. 40 for details).

shel5210 wrote:1) Since buildings are always hit on a 2+, doe that mean barrage weapons always hit buildings? As on a roll of a 1 barrage weapons just scatter, and a 1" scatter means the template still hits the building?

3)If I am drawing line of sight through scouts, but the target is in cover relative to the scouts is there a cover penalty to accuracy?

To quote Simon
Hawk Simon wrote:Q. A friendly unit spots for an IF weapon. To the unit’s view, the target is hull down. Does the IF shot suffer the Hull Down penalty?
A. No, IF shots come down at such a high angle that they are never affected by hull down

As barrage weapons follow the same rules as IF weapons, and as it does not matter if they spot themselves or Scouts do. There is no penalty for Hull down, I agree with Ravager that Soft cover is not ignored.

German space magic for PHR would you like to know more?
http://www.hawkforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=7017

German space magic for all and this time it is in Space!
viewtopic.php?f=36&t=10506

InspGadgt

PostTue Feb 23, 2016 9:03 am

That's a question I had about indirect weapons...but somewhere in the rules it says a 1 is always a miss. In my case it was with the Kodiak which hits on a 2+...If I roll a 1 is it a miss or does it scatter?

Lorn

Hawk Talon

PostTue Feb 23, 2016 9:54 am

Normally it is a miss, however barrage weapons circumvent that rule. Though if they loose their template I would say there is no room for scatter.

German space magic for PHR would you like to know more?
http://www.hawkforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=7017

German space magic for all and this time it is in Space!
viewtopic.php?f=36&t=10506

Firebat

PostSat Apr 23, 2016 8:44 pm

Ya, a roll of 1 is a woefully inaccurate shot. We fire the crews that are that bad.
LOL :mrgreen:

DarkNite

PostFri Aug 12, 2016 11:12 pm

Questions:

With Barrage fire if you use a smaller template at a short distance you get the 2x devastator bonus. Now my question is do you get to double your demolisher bonus too? i.e. say with Thor you get 2 for area weapon, 3 for barrages affect, and do you get a 2 for small area template at shorter range? So if Thor scores one pt of damage to a building it would do 12 pts of damages? On a side note, can I do the same with Longbows reduce range by half and using a small template can I double their devastator and demolisher values>

snolb

Hawk Talon

PostSat Aug 13, 2016 6:25 am

DarkNite wrote:Questions:

With Barrage fire if you use a smaller template at a short distance you get the 2x devastator bonus. Now my question is do you get to double your demolisher bonus too? i.e. say with Thor you get 2 for area weapon, 3 for barrages affect, and do you get a 2 for small area template at shorter range? So if Thor scores one pt of damage to a building it would do 12 pts of damages? On a side note, can I do the same with Longbows reduce range by half and using a small template can I double their devastator and demolisher values>

I think you mix up a lot of different rules and weapons now... Barrage don't have any devestator rule, just demolisher and Longbows have a normal medium template rule.
Official the worst player in Sweden!

Dedicated DzC Swedish Facebook group!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/702576909788030/

Bengt

PostSat Aug 13, 2016 6:39 am

DarkNite wrote:Questions:

Red fields only double Devastator. As the text regarding red values doesn't mention Demolisher it has not effect on it.

If you target a building you only ever you use the small template line, get no template and uses the Demolisher value from the table. This Demolisher value is not doubled because of the Area weapon rule (the text explicitly tell you not to). The barrage value is doubled against targets without CM A (most buildings) which will increase the Demolisher in many cases.

So a single Thor (Barrage 2) firing on a building without CM A gets Barrage 4 which is Demolisher 2 and range 30" according to the table. Doing either 2 or 4 (if you crit) damage to the building.
Two Thors (Barrage 4) in the same situation would get Demolisher 3 and range 54". Doing 3 or 6 damage.
Next

Return to Rules Queries