It is currently Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:30 am

Regarding CC Shooting.

Stuck on a rules interpretation, get it answered here!
  • Author

Tristan

Regarding CC Shooting.

PostThu Apr 07, 2016 10:30 am

Hi.

Recently my gaming buddy got the Freeriders to upgrade his resistance force. As their Sticky Mines are rather good it also posed a question regarding CC shooting. I went through this forum looking for reference to the question or topic but did not find any sufficeint answers. Thus I post the question here to get some clarification.

So as the main rulebook states that CC shooting weapons use the same rules as shooting does it means that the infantry base has to bee b2b with the target. Now Infantry units have their coherency as B2B- so basically they are deployed behind eachother. Now my question: for example let's say that three bases of Freeriders get up close and dirty with a pair of Helios. Do the Freeriders have to maintain their coherency (which I assume they would) and place themselves as best they can so that only the specific bases in b2b with the Helios can use their Sticky Mines OR do all of the bases get to make their Sticky Mine attacks?

At the moment we played that all of the Freeriders can use their shooting attacks. But I would say that only the base in contact with the target may allocate it's shooting attacks- and I'd hate to bring this up in the next game without checking with you guys first. Also- coincidentally the Freeriders are the first CC shooting infantry unit in our gaming group so we've never dealt with them before.

Cheers,
Tristan.
Last edited by Tristan on Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:39 am, edited 2 times in total.

Darios

Hawk Talon

Re: Regarding CQB Shooting.

PostThu Apr 07, 2016 10:54 am

1. there is no CQB Shooting. CQB is what happens between Infantry in buildings. What you mean is "CC" Attacks with a range of 0". Basically just shooting like everything else but you need to be in contact to the target.

2. only bases in direct contact with a target can shoot. B2B doesn't mean you have to place them behind each other. B2B just means they have to be in base contact to each other, in which way exactly is up to you. I p.e. glued them on sideways so i can place them easily next to each other.

Tristan

Re: Regarding CC Shooting.

PostThu Apr 07, 2016 11:43 am

Darios wrote:1. there is no CQB Shooting. CQB is what happens between Infantry in buildings. What you mean is "CC" Attacks with a range of 0". Basically just shooting like everything else but you need to be in contact to the target.

Thank you Darios, I changed the name of the topic accordingly. And sorry for the wrong title.

Darios wrote:2. only bases in direct contact with a target can shoot. B2B doesn't mean you have to place them behind each other. B2B just means they have to be in base contact to each other, in which way exactly is up to you. I p.e. glued them on sideways so i can place them easily next to each other.

Thank you- that is what I thought. As for the B2B being up for me to decide can the bases be in contact diagonally when in CC shooting? As in forming a letter C out of the three bases around the two Helios skimmers?

And once again- thank you for the quick and good answer.

Cheers,
Tristan.

Ruarl

PostThu Apr 07, 2016 12:25 pm

Tristan wrote:Thank you- that is what I thought. As for the B2B being up for me to decide can the bases be in contact diagonally when in CC shooting? As in forming a letter C out of the three bases around the two Helios skimmers?

And once again- thank you for the quick and good answer.

Cheers,
Tristan.

Yes, you're correct. As long as the bases touch at at least one point, you are in B2B. You can get creative with all sorts of shapes. One thing to be careful of, though: Each base should not move more than its maximum move value per turn. Remember, move distances are measured using the centre of the base. So you can rotate the base freely to make whatever arrangement you like, as long as the centre point doesn't move too far from its starting point.

Tristan

PostThu Apr 07, 2016 2:30 pm

Ruarl wrote:Yes, you're correct. As long as the bases touch at at least one point, you are in B2B. You can get creative with all sorts of shapes. One thing to be careful of, though: Each base should not move more than its maximum move value per turn. Remember, move distances are measured using the centre of the base. So you can rotate the base freely to make whatever arrangement you like, as long as the centre point doesn't move too far from its starting point.

Thanks for the answer Ruarl. That is something new- had not considered that point. This will definitely open up some tactical doors that were closed before.

Cheers,
Tristan.

Return to Rules Queries