It is currently Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:58 pm

Area weapons against multiple buildings.

Stuck on a rules interpretation, get it answered here!
  • Author

Soulmark

Area weapons against multiple buildings.

PostSat Apr 09, 2016 3:44 am

The new Retaliator has a Barrage-3 attack. In the Retaliator fluff text, it describes "... impact on multiple small structures in one area".

Is it possible to hit multiple buildings with an area weapon? I see rules about directly targeting a single building, but nothing about damaging buildings that fall under a blast template.

Darios

Hawk Talon

Re: Area weapons against multiple buildings.

PostSat Apr 09, 2016 6:56 am

it is just a fluff thing. when you get a blast on a building it just vanishes and is transformed into "doubling the demo"

Droachmega

Hawk Talon

PostSat Apr 09, 2016 4:32 pm

It's only possible if you taget a ground unit and the template overlaps onto nearby structures.

Neiloid

PostSat Apr 09, 2016 5:54 pm

Not got the rulebook on hand to check, but I think if the centre of the template ends up is on the building or you target the building directly, you lose the template and get an additional *2 demolisher on top of anything the weapon already has. If a unit is targeted and the template just clips the building then it takes damage in the same way as normal.

Soulmark

PostSat Apr 09, 2016 6:43 pm

Regarding directly-targeting buildings, I think I would play it this way:
If directly targeting a building with an Area Weapon, and the template scatters (from the center of the target building), but still overlaps the building (and/or other buildings), you still do damage to the building(s), but loose the 2* demolisher bonus.

snolb

Hawk Talon

PostSat Apr 09, 2016 8:26 pm

Soulmark wrote:Regarding directly-targeting buildings, I think I would play it this way:
If directly targeting a building with an Area Weapon, and the template scatters (from the center of the target building), but still overlaps the building (and/or other buildings), you still do damage to the building(s), but loose the 2* demolisher bonus.

A temple weapon does not scatter when targeting a building. You hit on 2+.
Official the worst player in Sweden!

Dedicated DzC Swedish Facebook group!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/702576909788030/

Bengt

PostSun Apr 10, 2016 5:41 am

From reading page 40 it seems to me that template only disappears if you are targeting the building itself or infantry on the wall. And you only get double the demolisher value if the template is removed. If you target something nearby and clip a building or scatter onto a building the building will get a hit without doubling the demolisher value.

Soulmark

PostMon Apr 11, 2016 5:49 am

snolb wrote:A temple weapon does not scatter when targeting a building. You hit on 2+.

Ah yes, I forgot building are always 2+ to hit.
Yet, a roll of 1 for barrage does scatter, but only 1", which still places the center within boundaries of any building, but the template (if any) might now overlap onto the street.

So basically the Retaliator cannot miss a building?

Garrack

PostMon Apr 11, 2016 6:29 am

The rules for area weapons only state vehicles and infantry under the template take an e hit.

Bengt

PostMon Apr 11, 2016 7:10 am

Soulmark wrote:
snolb wrote:A temple weapon does not scatter when targeting a building. You hit on 2+.

Ah yes, I forgot building are always 2+ to hit.
Yet, a roll of 1 for barrage does scatter, but only 1", which still places the center within boundaries of any building, but the template (if any) might now overlap onto the street.

So basically the Retaliator cannot miss a building?

The Area rules still apply to Barrage weapons so you wont have a template and as such I assume a 1 will be a miss even barrage weapons. After all you wont place anything on the theoretical scatter point and the scatter point itself can't be used to hit stuff.

Garrack wrote:The rules for area weapons only state vehicles and infantry under the template take an e hit.

Mea culpa.
Next

Return to Rules Queries