It is currently Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:58 am

Famous Commanders and New Units

Stuck on a rules interpretation, get it answered here!
  • Author

Octavian Lars

Famous Commanders and New Units

PostFri Jun 24, 2016 4:21 pm

Looking at the rules for famous commanders (UCM in particular) and the fact that many of the new units are simply loadout changes of old hulls or new weapons on hard points (seraphim -> retaliator etc) and some of the commanders change the price of/limit avaliability of units, would these new variants be included
UCM examples i'm aware of: with general cato, seraphim's points cost is reduced, so by that logic (and given that the retaliator has the same points cost and airframe) would the retaliator have a reduced cost also
with general wade i believe longbows are removed from the roster, would this also apply to the crossbow which shares a hull and role (static fire support)

I'm not sure of other examples for other races as i mostly worked this out from playing with FFOR and i play UCM
Brigadier-General of the 4th Legion of Titania
Also, no1 at DzC in elgin academy and my house

Maninblue

Re: Famous Commanders and New Units

PostSun Jun 26, 2016 9:37 am

The Cavebreaker mucks with costs and loves Razorworms, so there might be an interaction with the Corruptor.
Dave 2 / Man in Blue
~ "Something he disagreed with ate him."

Octavian Lars

PostSun Jun 26, 2016 10:54 am

Oh right! i'm kinda waiting for phase 2's release at which point i'll get both phase 1 and 2 (i've been out of the loop for a while)
Brigadier-General of the 4th Legion of Titania
Also, no1 at DzC in elgin academy and my house

J.D. Welch

Hawk Talon

PostFri Jul 01, 2016 5:43 am

Since it doesn't say in the Retaliaror's experimental rules that it is affected by Cato's rule, and likewise for the Crossbow and Wade's rule, then I would say, No, they are not affected, but you can house rule it either way until Reconquest: Phase 2 comes out (which should be very soon).

Good question, tho. If Hawk intended for them to have the same effect, I hope they considered that before they finalized the P2 rules and sent them off to the printers... :p
I love my job (well, I love having a job), but a bad day of gaming beats a good day of work every time!

http://www.theroadtovalhalla.blogspot.com

Return to Rules Queries