It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:11 pm


Post your House Rules

Stuck on a rules interpretation, get it answered here!
  • Author
  • Message
Offline

samspace

Hawk Talon

  • Posts: 172
  • Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:12 am

Post your House Rules

PostMon Jul 04, 2016 5:09 pm

Post your House Rules. Curious what people do out there for either rule tweaks or conveniences/streamlining.


(Currently playing the Precious Metals Monorail scenario with my wife. Really wishing my slayers could take a shot at the monorail pillar and jump them into a transport to take them elsewhere. Looking for justification of house rules. :) ).
Offline
User avatar

Major Awesome

  • Posts: 293
  • Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:27 pm
  • Location: Phoenix, Arizona

Re: Post your House Rules

PostMon Jul 04, 2016 8:01 pm

Good question! My regular opponents and I do a few things that are a bit off from the book. They are mostly just courtesies that we feel like nice people should extend to each other, since we're all here to have fun.

1- You don't crash on a Turn 1 "To The Deck" roll. Just because it's a really sad way to start a game!

2- If it could have the skimming bonus, it does. We greatly dislike the "haha you didn't say the magic words" experience, so this addresses that particular instance.

3- Models are not within an inch of a building unless they need to be. We used to always say "...and it's not within an inch of the building..." after every freaking move that might look even 1.5" away from a building and we got tired of that. Also after too many "haha, gotcha!" feel-bad moments that were often hotly contested as to where the center point of a model should actually be when the model didn't need to be close to a building... we decided to play it this way. Of course there are times when things need to be close to a building and we call it as such.
~Major Awesome~
Hedgehog schemer, Resistance lover, and on those random full moons when PHR aren't everywhere my true nature as cyborg comes out.
Offline
User avatar

pupitbackster

Hawk Talon

  • Posts: 123
  • Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:58 pm

Re: Post your House Rules

PostTue Jul 05, 2016 9:16 am

In my little group, we have a base of 2-3 cars count as terrain that gives body cover and soft cover. But you can destroy them. Play them as Armour 5 1dp, always 2+ to hit like a building. We also use a base of crashed busses which is the same except for 1 extra dp.
Adds some nice variation to the game and you can use all your little machine guns and small weapons to take them out. Makes the battlefield slightly more dynamic watching it become more damaged as you play to the last turn.
Offline

jgcpalmer

  • Posts: 548
  • Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:14 pm

Re: Post your House Rules

PostTue Jul 05, 2016 3:16 pm

1) We always allow premeasuring in every situation.
2) We never have to declare that skimmers moved 6" to get the skimming bonus. if they could have, they did.
3) We're pretty lenient if someone forgot to call the shots for their dropship at the same time as the squad, or if the shaltari player doesn't activate all squads in a battlegroup at once, as long as we feel like it wouldn't have made a difference in how things played out.
Offline

Firebat

  • Posts: 47
  • Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:05 pm

Re: Post your House Rules

PostThu Jul 07, 2016 4:37 am

The Pungari Revolutionary Rules for Pungari Pure Gameplay...

Upgrading the standard Pungari infantry when playing Pungari pure.

Pungari Brothers [standard Pungari revolutionary stats]

Add 10 pts to cost [exotic Pungari revolutionary stats]
Add 1 Armour
Add 0.5 to CQB value
Add -2 to fortitude check

Pungari Primes

Add 22 pts to cost
Add 1 Armour
Add 2 to CQB value
Add -2 to fortitude check
Add 4+ dodge value

Special upgrade,

Concussion Grenades...

You may upgrade all the bases of infantry in an EXOTIC PUNGARI squad with Concussion Grenades for +5 points per base.
Before entering a building with occupied infantry you may decide to us your concussion grenades. All the bases grenades are used at once. Roll 1 3D for each base of infantry equipped with Concussion Grenades and add the resulting hits together.With each success you cancel out one hit rolled by you opponent the first round of CQB. After the first round of CQB is over this modifier is removed and CQB resumes as usual.

THE PUNGARI REVOLUTION HAS BEGUN !

ARE WE A RACE TO DISAPPEAR IN THE DARKER CORNERS OF THIS GALAXY?
WE SHALL NOT BE REMEMBERED AS JUST ANOTHER SLAVE RACE.
LET US RISE TO CRUSH OUR SHALTARI LORDS AND WAR CHIEFS TO MAKE THEM OUR SLAVES!
NO LONGER DO WE STAND PUNITIVE, FOR OUR HEARTS BEAT WITH THE POWER OF VENGEANCE
TO SLAY AND TO TAKE AND TO REMEMBER THAT WHICH IS RIGHTFULLY OURS!

FOR FREEDOM! WE MARCH UNTO VICTORY!

The words of a PUNGARI Warlord known as THE WISE MAN.

Enjoy playing PUNGARI pure!

Firebat out! :mrgreen:
Offline
User avatar

J.D. Welch

Hawk Talon

  • Posts: 5215
  • Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 7:16 am
  • Location: Gilbert, AZ, USA

Re: Post your House Rules

PostFri Jul 08, 2016 1:44 am

Major Awesome wrote:Good question! My regular opponents and I do a few things that are a bit off from the book. They are mostly just courtesies that we feel like nice people should extend to each other, since we're all here to have fun.

1- You don't crash on a Turn 1 "To The Deck" roll. Just because it's a really sad way to start a game!

2- If it could have the skimming bonus, it does. We greatly dislike the "haha you didn't say the magic words" experience, so this addresses that particular instance.

3- Models are not within an inch of a building unless they need to be. We used to always say "...and it's not within an inch of the building..." after every freaking move that might look even 1.5" away from a building and we got tired of that. Also after too many "haha, gotcha!" feel-bad moments that were often hotly contested as to where the center point of a model should actually be when the model didn't need to be close to a building... we decided to play it this way. Of course there are times when things need to be close to a building and we call it as such.

+1.

We're also pretty lenient about shooting with something we forgot to during the last activation, as long as nothing else has transpired between then and when we go, "Oh, yeah, and the Neptune will take a pot-shot at that building, because, why not?", or something similar, wouldn't you say?
I love my job (well, I love having a job), but a bad day of gaming beats a good day of work every time!

http://www.theroadtovalhalla.blogspot.com
Offline
User avatar

J.D. Welch

Hawk Talon

  • Posts: 5215
  • Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 7:16 am
  • Location: Gilbert, AZ, USA

Re: Post your House Rules

PostFri Jul 08, 2016 1:49 am

Firebat wrote:THE PUNGARI REVOLUTION HAS BEGUN !

ARE WE A RACE TO DISAPPEAR IN THE DARKER CORNERS OF THIS GALAXY?
WE SHALL NOT BE REMEMBERED AS JUST ANOTHER SLAVE RACE.
LET US RISE TO CRUSH OUR SHALTARI LORDS AND WAR CHIEFS TO MAKE THEM OUR SLAVES!
NO LONGER DO WE STAND PUNITIVE, FOR OUR HEARTS BEAT WITH THE POWER OF VENGEANCE
TO SLAY AND TO TAKE AND TO REMEMBER THAT WHICH IS RIGHTFULLY OURS!

FOR FREEDOM! WE MARCH UNTO VICTORY!

The words of a PUNGARI Warlord known as THE WISE MAN.

"Octavius, take these Pungari to have their minds wiped, then send them into that building with the Eviscerators in it..." -- Warchief Isis

:lol:
I love my job (well, I love having a job), but a bad day of gaming beats a good day of work every time!

http://www.theroadtovalhalla.blogspot.com
Offline

Egge

  • Posts: 1376
  • Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:01 am

Re: Post your House Rules

PostFri Jul 08, 2016 7:06 am

1. Very lenient on things people forgot as long it doesn't affect another decision.

2. Skimmer that it makes no difference if they have skimmed always have done so.

3. When starting missions. Instead of rolling for sides. Roll for priority. The player that have to go first will pick side.
Offline

Firebat

  • Posts: 47
  • Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:05 pm

Re: Post your House Rules

PostFri Jul 08, 2016 9:16 pm

LOL

Yeah, Isis come a little closer so I can bite off your fingers and feed them to my War-Ox.
Just hold on Isis, the Pungari are coming for you.

We will feed your corpses to our horde and will fertilize our fields with the dung.

The horde is coming.

Firebat out! :mrgreen:
Offline
User avatar

J.D. Welch

Hawk Talon

  • Posts: 5215
  • Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 7:16 am
  • Location: Gilbert, AZ, USA

Re: Post your House Rules

PostFri Jul 08, 2016 11:35 pm

Egge wrote:3. When starting missions. Instead of rolling for sides. Roll for priority. The player that have to go first will pick side.

Yes, I do this, too, not sure if the rest of my crowd does, but whenever I play any one of them, no one says otherwise, so I guess we all do.

Only we do it slightly differently. We roll to determine who gets to choose: The winner either chooses which side he wants, or he chooses to go first OR go second (said another way, he decides WHO will go first). So if I win the rolloff and think a certain table side is essential to my success, I can choose which side I want, which probably means I'll go first, but that's up to the other guy to decide. If I don't care about sides/deployment zones, then I'll (generally) opt to go second.

Also, if there is a Deployment Phase to the scenario we're playing, we then roll off to determine who gets to decide who has to deploy first.

Good rule...
I love my job (well, I love having a job), but a bad day of gaming beats a good day of work every time!

http://www.theroadtovalhalla.blogspot.com
Next

Return to Rules Queries

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests