It is currently Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:30 pm

Resistance Scouts vs Barrage

Stuck on a rules interpretation, get it answered here!
  • Author

lofwyrkp

Resistance Scouts vs Barrage

PostMon Aug 08, 2016 12:57 pm

Had an odd situation come up in my weekends gaming.

Due to line of sight constraints, my Scout ATV's could only manage line of sight to 1 out of his pair of PHR Thors.

I duly fired, and achieved 4 hits on the visible Thor.

The problem arose when he activated the Thors and tried to fire.

How was the Barrage accuracy affected?

Do you :-
a) Take the most accurate? in this case Acc 3+
b) take the least accurate? In this case Acc 6+
or
c) Take the average? In this case Acc 5+

Any thoughts?

Novus

Re: Resistance Scouts vs Barrage

PostMon Aug 08, 2016 5:37 pm

If I'm understanding you correctly, the shot can be sourced from any barrage unit in the squad. For example, if only one has LOS, use that one to avoid the IF penalty. If none have LOS, but you are using scouts to spot, use the closest to the target for the range/template size.

I don't have my rule book with me, so I can't give you details. That's the overall gist of it, though.

[Edit]

Upon rereading your post, I didn't understand you correctly. That said, the unit fires as one weapon. I would assume that the penalty effects all of the Thors. At least that's how I would play it. Good Question!

Major Awesome

PostMon Aug 08, 2016 5:55 pm

That IS an interesting question!

On the one hand I see them all as contributing to the required weight of fire, so if one is blinded by laser pointers (lol), then the barrage should be effected somehow.

On the other hand, the other three are all just fine. Perhaps those super-advanced cyborgs could slave the missiles of the blinded Thor into their own targeting systems.

My totally-not-in-the-rules compromise would be that the PHR player has a choice: To shoot the Barrage value reduced as if the effected Thors weren't contributing (i.e. fire it at Barrage-6 instead of Barrage-8), OR choose to fire everything at the reduced accuracy value with that Thor (i.e. a less accurate Barrage-8).
~Major Awesome~
Hedgehog schemer, Resistance lover, and on those random full moons when PHR aren't everywhere my true nature as cyborg comes out.

Novus

PostMon Aug 08, 2016 6:37 pm

Major Awesome wrote:That IS an interesting question!
My totally-not-in-the-rules compromise would be that the PHR player has a choice: To shoot the Barrage value reduced as if the effected Thors weren't contributing (i.e. fire it at Barrage-6 instead of Barrage-8), OR choose to fire everything at the reduced accuracy value with that Thor (i.e. a less accurate Barrage-8).

I like the compromise! Good thinking!

lofwyrkp

PostTue Aug 09, 2016 12:41 pm

I have no idea on how to resolve sure an occurrence either, but the compromise solution seems good to me

SwordOfJustice

Hawk Talon

PostTue Aug 09, 2016 3:42 pm

Nice compromise idea. If playing strictly, for example, in a tournament, then I'd probably say the jamming has affected the barrage as it fires as one weapon.
We have evolved beyond mere flesh and bone. We are the Post Human Republic.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBC9LIUpKeo

Return to Rules Queries