It is currently Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:57 am

Two quick Apollo/Hera questions

Stuck on a rules interpretation, get it answered here!
  • Author

Samael

Two quick Apollo/Hera questions

PostSun Aug 28, 2016 7:51 pm

Hi, two quick questions in the jump walkers of the PHR

1) do these walkers only fly 12", due to the transition rule?

2) can they decide to hit the deck when they fly?

Thanks for the help.

Major Awesome

Re: Two quick Apollo/Hera questions

PostSun Aug 28, 2016 8:06 pm

Yes and Yes! (remember the To The Deck roll)

Other assorted Apollo/Hera stuff:
-Also remember they can't fly onto the board turn 1, so they only walk on 3" if they don't have transport.

-Also remember that their small LZs have to fit next to each other when they land, so no clumping them up model-to-model after jumping. This may make rooftop placements harder, as the templates all have to fit entirely on the roof as well as next to each other (using multiple templates here helps a ton...)

-Also remember that coherency is measured horizontally, so you could have some on a rooftop and some on the ground next to the building as long as the horizontal measurement is 3".

-Also remember that they also need to respect the LZ is Hot rule when landing... so if any enemy model is on a Critical Location you're not putting Apollos or Heras onto it ;)
~Major Awesome~
Hedgehog schemer, Resistance lover, and on those random full moons when PHR aren't everywhere my true nature as cyborg comes out.

J.D. Welch

Hawk Talon

Re: Two quick Apollo/Hera questions

PostMon Aug 29, 2016 2:24 am

Major Awesome wrote:-Also remember that they also need to respect the LZ is Hot rule when landing... so if any enemy model is on a Critical Location you're not putting Apollos or Heras onto it ;)

The Crazy Pilot command card helps here, as it applies to the squad, and may (depending on the placement of enemy models) allow you to land a Transition Type-3 close enough to score on the CL.

Now you have a reason to hold onto Crazy Pilot cards... ;) :lol:
I love my job (well, I love having a job), but a bad day of gaming beats a good day of work every time!

http://www.theroadtovalhalla.blogspot.com

Return to Rules Queries