It is currently Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:56 am

UCM vs PHR [750, first battle, pictures]

Tell the world how you trashed your enemies on the battlefield, or how you tactically withdrew to fight another day!
  • Author

Ravager

UCM vs PHR [750, first battle, pictures]

PostSun Jul 26, 2015 8:26 am

So, first proper battle of DzC today. Had a lot of fun, and some interesting discussion with my regular opponent who normally plays other games.

BatRep here.

And excerpt from the battle, because I like writing:

Corporal Bradley stumbled from the wreckage of the Bear, limping heavily. He barely registered what was happening as explosions and the boom-crack of railguns assaulted his senses. The tang of ozone was heavy in the smoke-filled air, but over the crackling of the flames he could hear the distinctive whine of dropship engines. As soon as their Bear was destroyed they'd called for emergency evac—but what he saw was not the comforting silhouette of a Raven A.

Smoke twisting into faint vortices and plumes of jet exhaust erupting beneath its wingtips hovered a PHR Triton, half spent missile rack atop the wings. Bradley turned to run, already knowing it was too late as he heard the whoosh of rockets igniting. A voice boomed out and his training took over.

"Engage Air!"

His thumb swapped the fire selector to the integrated grenade launcher on his rifle, and his right hand flicked the munitions fusing to airburst. Two streams of lead from the Sergeant and another trooper chipped at the leading edges of the Triton, something severing a hydraulic line, red-brown fluid spraying from under the dropship's port wing. Bradley squeezed the trigger for his launcher.

The grenade sailed high, and then arced down towards the dropship's upper fuselage. The grenade detonated inches short of the portside turbine, a massive explosion erupting from both ends of the engine. With a terrific whine the Triton spiralled down, out of control, plowing a deep furrow into the asphalt behind the office block.

wowskyguy

Hawk Talon

Re: UCM vs PHR [750, first battle, pictures]

PostSun Jul 26, 2015 2:22 pm

Action packed game indeed! Lots of tense moments.

Falling Masonry seemed to be a LOT more lethal than usual. Practice is what will make you remember the rules better. I also suggest you keep this level of points on the game for as long as it needs so you guys will rarely go to the rulebook.

Nice report!

Cheers,
--
Andy

"Here's everything I know
about war: Somebody wins,
somebody loses, and
nothing is ever the same again."
Admiral Constanza Stark,
C.Y. 9784

Ravager

Re: UCM vs PHR [750, first battle, pictures]

PostSun Jul 26, 2015 2:31 pm

wowskyguy wrote:Action packed game indeed! Lots of tense moments.

Falling Masonry seemed to be a LOT more lethal than usual. Practice is what will make you remember the rules better. I also suggest you keep this level of points on the game for as long as it needs so you guys will rarely go to the rulebook.

Nice report!

Cheers,

The masonry just kept doubling out.
Also, a fair amount of the damage to the structures was doubling out, so that's two rolls each time (assuming we played that right, because it says per damage point suffered).

I need to build and paint some more stuff so we can vary forces, but I plan to keep it in the 750 bracket for now. I also need to build and paint some more terrain, and make some simple rubble building bases—I've got a feeling I'll need them.

Return to Games, Battle Reports and Custom Scenarios