It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:34 pm

(Video) UCM vs. PHR 1500 Land Grab

Tell the world how you trashed your enemies on the battlefield, or how you tactically withdrew to fight another day!
  • Author

Cameron

Hawk Talon

(Video) UCM vs. PHR 1500 Land Grab

PostMon Aug 03, 2015 4:36 am

Chris from Toronto was in Atlanta and stopped by for a game of Dropzone! He brought his UCM. We tried out some of the units that have recently received point or rule changes, and I also tried out the new PHR Snipers.

As always, let us know any feedback!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtOns8kswLA
Live in the Bay Area? Let's play a game

snolb

Hawk Talon

Re: (Video) UCM vs. PHR 1500 Land Grab

PostMon Aug 03, 2015 7:15 am

Great report as always!

Always fun with building demolition! :lol: I think the UCM player should have been a bit more aggressive with the Phoenix so he could have fought over two focal points instead of only one...

Just a rectification... No aircraft units can direct deploy. So no Drones or Phoenix could start on the board. ;)
Official the worst player in Sweden!

Dedicated DzC Swedish Facebook group!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/702576909788030/

feindusmaximus

Hawk Talon

PostMon Aug 03, 2015 7:40 am

Thx 4 the battle report as always.

Cameron

Hawk Talon

PostMon Aug 03, 2015 12:25 pm

snolb wrote:Just a rectification... No aircraft units can direct deploy. So no Drones or Phoenix could start on the board. ;)

Thanks for pointing that out. I was just going by the mission description, which states the following:

"All Battlegroups may Directly Deploy (remember that Squads inside aerial transports automatically start the game in Readiness in this case). Fast Mover Squads start in Reserve."

Just going by that, it would seem that direct deployed aircraft would be ok as long as they were not transporting a squad (the Phoenix and the Mercury drones). It took me a long time to find the rule you were referencing that is buried on page 44:

"Aircraft squads (or squads being transported by aircraft) designated for Direct Deployment automatically start the game in Readiness. They may move onto the table in the normal way once activated."
Live in the Bay Area? Let's play a game

snolb

Hawk Talon

PostMon Aug 03, 2015 1:23 pm

Cameron wrote:
snolb wrote:Just a rectification... No aircraft units can direct deploy. So no Drones or Phoenix could start on the board. ;)

Thanks for pointing that out. I was just going by the mission description, which states the following:

"All Battlegroups may Directly Deploy (remember that Squads inside aerial transports automatically start the game in Readiness in this case). Fast Mover Squads start in Reserve."

Just going by that, it would seem that direct deployed aircraft would be ok as long as they were not transporting a squad (the Phoenix and the Mercury drones). It took me a long time to find the rule you were referencing that is buried on page 44:

"Aircraft squads (or squads being transported by aircraft) designated for Direct Deployment automatically start the game in Readiness. They may move onto the table in the normal way once activated."

I know! I was playing it like that until someone in this forum pointed me at the actual rules for aircraft. :D
Official the worst player in Sweden!

Dedicated DzC Swedish Facebook group!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/702576909788030/

Return to Games, Battle Reports and Custom Scenarios