It is currently Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:52 pm

Encroachment 2k Battle: 1 Medusa vs. 5 Caimans

Tell the world how you trashed your enemies on the battlefield, or how you tactically withdrew to fight another day!
  • Author

racephysics

Encroachment 2k Battle: 1 Medusa vs. 5 Caimans

PostMon Aug 10, 2015 5:17 am

I played a 2k game Encroachment today, my PHR vs Shaltari.

It has been more than a month since this Shaltari player had played so I let him pick the point values and the mission. HE chose Encroachment because he was bringing a skimmer heavy list he had been wanting to try, FIVE Caimans. Brutal.

Simple report after the lists...

Play Notes: 4x4 F.A.T. mat. Rolled 15 on 3d6 for number of structures. Structures were exact mirror of each other's side, two large diagonal and strait edge to edge fire lanes. Only 6 of the buildings were 30pt buildings, four of them near our own board edge deployment zones.

A Fist full of Caimans
Battle: 2004/2000 points
Standard Army
Standard Roster [2004/2000 pts]
Gate Group [316 pts]
Eden Gates: 2x Eden [90 pts]
Gaia: Gaia [76 pts]
Haven: Haven [20 pts]
Eden Gates: 2x Eden [90 pts]
Court of Elders [445 pts]
Coyote: Coyote(High Warchief) [255 pts]
Caiman Squad: 2x Caiman [190 pts]
Swordpoint [249 pts]
Tomahawk Squad: 3x Tomahawk [114 pts]
Kukri Squad: 3x Kukri [135 pts]
Swordpoint [249 pts]
Tomahawk Squad: 3x Tomahawk [114 pts]
Kukri Squad: 3x Kukri [135 pts]
Warrior Clan [140 pts]
Braves: 2x Braves [70 pts]
Warrior Clan [140 pts]
Warfist [190 pts]
Caiman Squad: Caiman [95 pts]
Warfist [275 pts]
Ocelot Squad: Ocelot [95 pts]
Dreamsnare: Dreamsnare [85 pts]

Validation Errors:
* Roster is over maximum point limit: 2004 > 2000
* Standard Roster:Roster is over maximum point limit: 2004 > 2000

Perseus is Dead!
Battle: 2000/2000 points (Medusa and TritonX added in on paper.)
Standard Army
PHR Standard Roster [1870/2000 pts]
Hand of the Sphere [642 pts]
Command Squad: Zeus(Grand Vizier), 5x Enyo, Poseidon [596 pts]
Janus Squad: 2x Janus [46 pts]
Medusa Squad: Medusa, Triton X [130 pts added after on paper]
Battle Pantheon [145 pts]
Battle Squad: Ares, Phobos, Neptune [145 pts]
Battle Pantheon [145 pts]
Battle Squad: Ares, Phobos, Neptune [145 pts]
Immortals [202 pts]
Immortals: 2x Immortals, Triton A1 [101 pts]
Immortals: 2x Immortals, Triton A1 [101 pts]
Immortals [113 pts]
AM Rifle Team: 2x Immortal Longreach Team, Triton A1 [113 pts]
Heavy Pantheon [353 pts]
Hades: Hades(War Advisor) [235 pts]
Heavy Squad: 2x Hyperion [118 pts]
Air Wing [270 pts]
Athena Squad: Athena [135 pts]
Athena Squad: Athena [135 pts]

I had no intention for my Medusa to aid my Immortals today, and promptly shoved that TritonX down low in the middle where she could bail next turn, reacting to where ever the concentration of Caimans was going to end up.

She was a thing of beauty. Building hopping on turn two and three got her where she needed to be for some turn three Caiman slamming, two of which had just been redeployed from a far flank I had been running from that had very limited lanes of fire out of (he fell for a Poseidon feint on that side, yes, I waisted a turn pushing 12 up that way to then redirect it, but the Caimans went that way so being he teleported them, it worked how I wanted.)

She only had to hit on 2+'s since the Caimans just bailed from a Gaia. With just a little better than average dice rolling, she killed two Caimans on the third turn in one go, strafing the squad of two heavies. She took three damage that turn, with two the next, but she building hopped to hit a last E13 2 DP on an already down two point Ocelot.

If he had been playing any other army but Shaltari, all those E3 mini-guns would have eaten her alive. I baited his Kukris to reaction fire at an empty triton (he had decimated my Longreach team on turn one with building demo, a lesson sorely learned) and I was showing a Neptune rush next turn pushing for the halfway mark. Those Kukris could have eaten her alive if she would have just stayed there, but no way she was with nothing left to swing at.

Anyway, my first time playing with her was a lot of fun. We had to stop turn four due to time, and the game actually still looked to be a toss up. He still had a lot of Shaltari last turn shenanigans to pull with other Caimans (of which he held back for that purpose,) but my Hades had almost crossed the line along with my Poseidon; Zeus, Enyox5 (whose turn three wreaked mad havoc on his Braves inside 20pt buildings that didn't last.)

I wouldn't have pushed her that far up against an army with a lot of secondary weapon shots, but she sure shined against some well played Shaltari today, him knowing she could building hop too.

EDIT: I wanted the army lists to be easier to read so I added some spaces to format the BGs.
EDIT2: Well, I thought that would work. Never mind.
I sometimes combine firearm marksmanship with roleplaying games:
Shadowrun http://goo.gl/RQVoVW
The Frost Giant's Daughter http://goo.gl/xYpNFF

Return to Games, Battle Reports and Custom Scenarios