It is currently Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:29 am

Scourge vs UCM - Surging Strike (Video)

Tell the world how you trashed your enemies on the battlefield, or how you tactically withdrew to fight another day!
  • Author

Arrathon

Re: Scourge vs UCM - Surging Strike (Video)

PostFri Aug 14, 2015 7:36 pm

@Zak I had no other options where to shoot at most of the time lol. I was aiming for them skimmer tanks, however, with as much AA as Sheep had he had me blocked off. My biggest mistake, was not realizing my rapiers could shoot at his skimmers and ignore the bonus. I'll do better next time I feel. Currently toying around with a 2 Ferrum list right now.We will see.
Clean play....or no play

Ravager

PostFri Aug 14, 2015 7:38 pm

Arrathon wrote:@Zak I had no other options where to shoot at most of the time lol. I was aiming for them skimmer tanks, however, with as much AA as Sheep had he had me blocked off. My biggest mistake, was not realizing my rapiers could shoot at his skimmers and ignore the bonus. I'll do better next time I feel. Currently toying around with a 2 Ferrum list right now.We will see.

Note also that the Starsprite Drones are the same—their weapons also have the AA special rule.

zaknafn

PostSat Aug 15, 2015 2:24 am

Arrathon wrote:@Zak I had no other options where to shoot at most of the time lol. I was aiming for them skimmer tanks, however, with as much AA as Sheep had he had me blocked off. My biggest mistake, was not realizing my rapiers could shoot at his skimmers and ignore the bonus. I'll do better next time I feel. Currently toying around with a 2 Ferrum list right now.We will see.

I'd love to tell you an expert what with the whole 10 games I've played so far ;) so what do I know? But yeah, Rapiers are gold man - their have great anti infantry action (with all the new infantry types out there they're going to be even better) and amazing anti flyer/skimmer power. I just kept wondering why that block of death kept slithering at you and wasn't dying fast enough (though your rolls weren't helping on the Falcons). Still, it was close until the last turn and a half.

One thing I like about having or adding some VP to the game score is that it makes people think a little bit more about throwing away every dropship they have - though I also love that you can use Neptunes to help block off walkers in case of emergency too as that's their best use ever :P

Cool stuff, glad to see lots of peeps helping the community with vid reports.

Zak
Vae Victus!

Come visit my blog :D

http://magnetizedtolead.blogspot.com/
Previous

Return to Games, Battle Reports and Custom Scenarios