It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:52 am

Monorail, Moving Target: Vidoe Battle Report

Tell the world how you trashed your enemies on the battlefield, or how you tactically withdrew to fight another day!
  • Author

sybert1138

Hawk Talon

Monorail, Moving Target: Vidoe Battle Report

PostMon Oct 17, 2016 5:55 pm

Jordan and I play a 1500 point PHR vs Resistance Monorail.
https://youtu.be/vx6pgKJE6FQ

J.D. Welch

Hawk Talon

Re: Monorail, Moving Target: Vidoe Battle Report

PostMon Nov 14, 2016 5:21 am

Nice VBR, thank you! Finally got a chance to watch it.

It was great to listen to your post-game discussion, good to get my head out of Dropfleet for a bit, think about Dropzone.

One thing, tho -- your Hera should not have been able to jump onto that large building, it is over 6" high, and she can only jump up to 6" in height, just like any other aircraft. ;) It didn't affect the outcome, it looks like, just something to keep in mind for next time...

Thanks again!

(And you should get your Dropfleet soon! It's worth the wait! :D )
I love my job (well, I love having a job), but a bad day of gaming beats a good day of work every time!

http://www.theroadtovalhalla.blogspot.com

sybert1138

Hawk Talon

PostMon Nov 14, 2016 12:13 pm

D'oh! If we didn't screw something we wouldn't be playing it right ;)

Thanks! I picked up a starter and Jordan and I recorded our first game last night, I'll hopefully have that up soon.

J.D. Welch

Hawk Talon

PostTue Nov 15, 2016 5:08 am

Nice! What did you think?
I love my job (well, I love having a job), but a bad day of gaming beats a good day of work every time!

sybert1138

Hawk Talon

PostTue Nov 15, 2016 12:45 pm

It was fun. I need to learn the rules a little better. I'm trying to not let the kickstarter issues jade me, but that's getting harder each passing day.

J.D. Welch

Hawk Talon

PostTue Nov 15, 2016 10:37 pm

It gets better at higher points levels. Getting the rules down just takes getting games in, like everything else. I've only played two games post-beta, and I know what you mean, but I also know that it'll come with practice. Need some FAQs on a few of things, but that will come once the Kickstarter pledges have all been shipped.

Speaking of which, I know it's frustrating, but they literally are doing everything they can to get all the orders shipped. There's a lot of speculation on the internet about what is happening, 95% of it being total BS. The end is in sight, but they occasionally run into snags, and it's just not worth the aggravation to tell the world when they've had this problem or that problem, that just opens the door to more unjustified criticism. So while the "lack of communication" isn't ideal, they really are working as hard and as fast as they can. A couple of things to keep in mind are, for one thing for every package that they have to ship outside the UK, it requires 4 copies of the customs form, each one needing to be manually signed. The whole process of getting each order into the shippers online systems takes time, and they've gotten it down to as few minutes as they're able, but that's still a limiter. Secondly, there are many days when they've packed more than the shippers will haul away. Sometimes they come with half-full trucks/vans, and will only take so many packages. So while the packages are getting packed, they aren't always able to ship them that same day, and this can lead to a growing backlog. Eventually the backlog gets consumed, but it's a frustrating reality for them.

Hope that helps. Hang in there, it'll get to you soon!

Return to Games, Battle Reports and Custom Scenarios