It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:42 pm

My first game

Tell the world how you trashed your enemies on the battlefield, or how you tactically withdrew to fight another day!
  • Author

Yeager Wolfmire

My first game

PostThu Nov 10, 2016 1:50 pm

So a friend and me decided that after a while it was time to finally fight one another (We still weren't so sure on the rules and still aren't on a few today). I was the great and vengeful UCM, He was the Shaltari. We both only had starter kits and that day I learned that the Shaltari (though smaller and less intimidating in person) are not push overs. The battle had started as a simple "Grab the Intel". It ended up as one giant shit storm of CQB on the middle OBJ while the two on either sides were never touched. Didn't help either that my Bear Transports were shot up and that he kept suicide flying his gates into my Condors so it would reaction fire on them and screw with them (I couldn't keep them still cause my tanks were already trying to take out his tanks and my AA just didn't care about anything either). Needless to say the battle ended with him as the victor only through points. So I'll be facing PHR and both My friend and I dread having to.
Death is written in these pages, and I'm the author

shuul

Re: My first game

PostMon Mar 27, 2017 12:02 pm

Was he moving his gates so close to your dropships that you cannot activate them without taking reaction fire (in the range of his gates AA weapon)? If yes, he is wrong - this is forbidden by the rules.

Cry of the Wind

Hawk Talon

PostThu Apr 06, 2017 5:30 pm

This game is all about victory points. There is no moral victory for killing more stuff, while some missions have kill points never forget the main goal. That said small games can be very swingy in DZC so don't worry to much about losing.

As pointed out the Shaltari Gates are no allowed to move into range of their charged air voluntarily. This is actually a big deal when you start playing larger games. I have taken away victory points from a Shaltari player by blocking his gates with my own Condors/Ravens that had nothing better to do. This prevented him from moving close enough to get troops into a building which let me get the objective off the table unopposed.

Yeager Wolfmire

PostThu Jul 06, 2017 5:23 am

Cry of the Wind wrote:This game is all about victory points. There is no moral victory for killing more stuff, while some missions have kill points never forget the main goal. That said small games can be very swingy in DZC so don't worry to much about losing.

As pointed out the Shaltari Gates are no allowed to move into range of their charged air voluntarily. This is actually a big deal when you start playing larger games. I have taken away victory points from a Shaltari player by blocking his gates with my own Condors/Ravens that had nothing better to do. This prevented him from moving close enough to get troops into a building which let me get the objective off the table unopposed.

So him doing that could screw him over? is that what you were saying or no? Sorry that this is being asked so much later, I stuck doing a lot of things
Death is written in these pages, and I'm the author

Suzume

PostThu Jul 06, 2017 2:31 pm

Basically, you can't move a gate within range of your 'charged air' weapon when you play shaltari. So if an enemy flyer is where you want to go, you can't go there.

So shaltari players have to kill your aircraft if they want to end their turn within range of where you are currently idling. It's actually a pretty huge drawback to balance out the power that gates have.
15-4-3
Nova Open 2015 DZC: 3rd
Huzzah Hobbies, Jan 2016 DZC: 2nd
Huzzah Hobbies, May 2016 DZC: 3rd
Nova Open 2016 DZC: 3rd
Origins 2017: DZC: 2nd
Origins 2017: DFC: 3rd
Huzzah Hobbies, July 2017 DZC: 2nd

I like type 1s and bronze medals.

Return to Games, Battle Reports and Custom Scenarios