It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:42 pm

My second game against the PHR

Tell the world how you trashed your enemies on the battlefield, or how you tactically withdrew to fight another day!
  • Author

Yeager Wolfmire

My second game against the PHR

PostTue Nov 15, 2016 7:52 pm

Jeez... Where do I begin... I'll start out with saying that my PHR friend got some news toys, one of them being a 6-legged shit storm walker that would kill you with nothing more than a laser from 2 miles away. The game also ended up with shaltari and UCM on the same team shooting everything into the walker with almost nothing to gain. Like last time it was a "Grab the Intel" and my friend and I decided to team up against the PHR since he had double our points. Me and him rushed the first building getting the OBJ and just when we though we were good the shit storm (our nick name for the hades) decided to make not its three shots hit but some how do double damage, destroying one Tank group with in on turn. Then we watched as fighters can in, some how our AA decided to go smoke pot or something, and destroyed one transport killing one of my tanks with it. Somehow though, we won. We had captured one Intel while he other was held by our PHR friend and the last wasn't touched cause he got trigger happy. So yeah...
Death is written in these pages, and I'm the author

SwordOfJustice

Hawk Talon

Re: My second game against the PHR

PostWed Nov 16, 2016 5:27 am

Sounds like good fun. Shame the PHR didn't teach you a lesson though. :lol:
We have evolved beyond mere flesh and bone. We are the Post Human Republic.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBC9LIUpKeo

Yeager Wolfmire

PostWed Nov 16, 2016 7:29 pm

SwordOfJustice wrote:Sounds like good fun. Shame the PHR didn't teach you a lesson though. :lol:

More or less a really bad nightmare :lol: but hopefully the rematch down the road will lead to lower deaths and a real decided victor
Death is written in these pages, and I'm the author

J.D. Welch

Hawk Talon

PostThu Nov 17, 2016 7:25 am

Oh, stuff will die, there's no preventing that. Just play to the mission, and don't worry about what you kill, or what of yours gets killed, as much as playing to the goals of the mission! I've seen plenty of games where someone was virtually tabled, but they'd played to the mission and won. I've also seen plenty of games where one guy got blood frenzy and went on a killing spree, and lost horribly. It's so important to keep the mission in mind in this game, even if that means sacrificing a unit or three (or more) to see you plans succeed...
I love my job (well, I love having a job), but a bad day of gaming beats a good day of work every time!

http://www.theroadtovalhalla.blogspot.com

Return to Games, Battle Reports and Custom Scenarios