It is currently Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:45 am

Scourge "tanks"

Questions & Tips on painting, converting and photographing models
  • Author

Zero

Scourge "tanks"

PostMon Feb 06, 2017 2:54 pm

Do the Scourge "tanks" (i.e. the ones in the 2p box) are hovering above the ground? In such a case, anyone tried to mount them on some kind of short stand? Something that can be kept hidden below the model itself?

Abrusio

Re: Scourge "tanks"

PostMon Feb 06, 2017 3:06 pm

Yes, according to the background the grav-tanks are hovering about 3-4 feet above ground.

And yes there are some examples here and there : by gluing a couple hawk widgets or placing them on acrylic transparent bases.

I don't have any pictures unfortunately, but they are here somewhere.

Ljevid

Hawk Talon

PostMon Feb 06, 2017 4:19 pm

I tried several possibilities and like the "2 magnets + small GW flying stand base idea best" that way they still fit in the dropship.
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man ON fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life...

ElectricPaladin

PostMon Feb 06, 2017 4:47 pm

I've always thought this seemed like a neat idea that was definitely not worth the effort.
Space Hedgehog

Zero

PostMon Feb 06, 2017 7:32 pm

Thanks for replies.

Ljevid wrote:I tried several possibilities and like the "2 magnets + small GW flying stand base idea best" that way they still fit in the dropship.

Let me understand, the rules provide for model tanks to actually snap into model dropships?
Not sure I like the idea of tampering with models this way, once painted... :)

Abrusio

PostMon Feb 06, 2017 7:44 pm

Zero wrote:Thanks for replies.

Ljevid wrote:I tried several possibilities and like the "2 magnets + small GW flying stand base idea best" that way they still fit in the dropship.

Let me understand, the rules provide for model tanks to actually snap into model dropships?

prepared carefully with primer and paint varnished at the end, the models are quite sturdy and you can play with them without fear of damaging anything :)

ElectricPaladin

PostMon Feb 06, 2017 7:45 pm

Zero wrote:Thanks for replies.

This is, believe it or not, one of the reasons that I started with Shaltari. No empty dropships flying around pretending that they're carrying tanks; no awkwardly magnetized models. Truly, we are the superior species with a more elegant way of war :P
Space Hedgehog

Zero

PostMon Feb 06, 2017 9:34 pm

I see. Speaking of models abuse (of course I don't :)), how durable is the Scourge transformable thing? Looks quite fragile. I'd be especially interested in the one with extra cards. Are they any worth?

Cry of the Wind

Hawk Talon

PostMon Feb 06, 2017 10:12 pm

I've seen someone use broken clear sprue bits to make their grav tanks hover. Pretty sure it was an old GW clear sprue that it came from but if you have one of those lying around it looked great!

As for putting the tanks on Marauders, meh I don't normally since it is fiddly and takes too much time during the game. Haven't damaged the paint on mine yet while doing it for display purpose and I don't varnish my models normally.

Abrusio

PostTue Feb 07, 2017 7:30 am

Zero wrote:I see. Speaking of models abuse (of course I don't :)), how durable is the Scourge transformable thing? Looks quite fragile. I'd be especially interested in the one with extra cards. Are they any worth?

You are speaking of the Scourge Annihilator and its famous commander variant the Cavebreaker.

They are not as fragile as they look and you can magnetize the legs. I wrote a guide about that : http://posthumangamer.blogspot.fr/2014/11/magnetizing-anihilator.html
Next

Return to Painting and Modelling