It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:04 am

UCM Navy Fleet - Soviet Battle Fleet

Questions & Tips on painting, converting and photographing models
  • Author

Castro

UCM Navy Fleet - Soviet Battle Fleet

PostSun Apr 02, 2017 6:25 pm

Wanted to show off my UCM Navy Fleet that I have been doing. Only things missing are the new Saratoga class light cruisers that I ordered along with a starter box that never came with my kickstarter (it should be coming soon I hope... but it's been months... :cry: I hope to get it soon...). The ships are done but some of the bases are not... so... meh!

My Capitol ship is the UCMN Donnager - essentially the New York carrier in the middle flanked by the UCMN Titan (Beijing) and the UCMN Huxley (Tokyo). The one experimental battlecruiser, the UCMN Firefly (Avalon) also earned its place in the middle. None of the others except one corvette and Moscow have really earned their names - the UCMN Skorpian (corvette) for not only taking down 4 strike carriers in a game with his squad with only him surviving, but also putting the final three hull points on a Diamond as it failed all its saves (and survived the explosion with two 5+ saves). The UCMN Reaper got its name for going weapons free for two turns and killing two full frigate squads and two full health cruiser and before ramming himself into a heavy cruiser and killing it in the ensuing explosion.

Hope you guys enjoy :D

Orchaldor

Re: UCM Navy Fleet - Soviet Battle Fleet

PostSun Apr 02, 2017 9:35 pm

Very nice!

I really like the feel that this fleet gives - that it has been out there, fighting for the Reconquest since Day 1.

Also, that's a pretty sizeable fleet - at my rate of ship building, the Scourge will have invaded Earth before I could finish painting that many ships! :D

Castro

PostSun Apr 02, 2017 10:02 pm

Orchaldor wrote:Very nice!

I really like the feel that this fleet gives - that it has been out there, fighting for the Reconquest since Day 1.

Also, that's a pretty sizeable fleet - at my rate of ship building, the Scourge will have invaded Earth before I could finish painting that many ships! :D

Yeah I wanted to go for that old worn out look. This type of painting wasn't hard - and I'm a novice painter anyways. Essentially I primed black and zenithal sprayed the model with a drab Russian green. Then I picked out the red, silver and gold on the ships and then nuln oiled the whole damn thing. Dry brushed those areas again in green, red, silver and gold then drybrushed while model in tan. I was actually surprised how it came out and was happy :D

Wait till you see my custom civilian ships

Thanks for the comment though!

Cry of the Wind

Hawk Talon

PostMon Apr 03, 2017 6:09 pm

Looks great, very menacing colour scheme. Congrats on getting them all done.

Thunderboy

Hawk Talon

PostMon Apr 03, 2017 6:18 pm

Just cool!
For Humanity!
26th at Autum Invasion 2016

Return to Painting and Modelling