It is currently Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:34 am

Just a thought - 28mm Scourge infantry

Discuss topics not related to the DZC universe
  • Author

pilgrim

Hawk Talon

Just a thought - 28mm Scourge infantry

PostWed Aug 20, 2014 10:35 pm

I was looking at the Wargames Factory "Shock Troopers" and thought they would make possible Scourge Warriors in 28mm

http://www.wargamesfactory.com/webstore ... t-troopers

If you used the heads with the masks rather than the helmet. Pity they dont have a backpack but I'm sure that could be fixed. Something to fight that 30mm Aeres with :-)
Razorworms are just Mother Natures way of reminding you why it is important to man the walls.

Ferrums are the UCM's way of reminding you to take enough AA

Bobby Hostile

Re: Just a thought - 28mm Scourge infantry

PostThu Aug 21, 2014 3:28 pm

Dude... I'd pay for some 28mm Immortals. Even if there's no rules for them, I love the heavy armored look of them and would love to paint them.

J.D. Welch

Hawk Talon

PostMon Sep 01, 2014 5:54 am

I was talking to the manager of my FLGS the other day, and we were discussing the upcoming (at some point) "Dropfleet" BFG-like game that HWG was developing, and Jimmy, the mgr, mentioned how he thought it would be great if HWG also eventually came out with a 28mm scale Infantry-based game to represent CQB on a detailed level. Jimmy is a former US Marine, and in talking to other ex-Marines, I know a couple who were heavily involved in urban warfare, clearing buildings, that sort of thing. I envisioned a game board that HWG could produce alongside the game, like they have with the DzC Cityscape and Ruinscape sets, where you could place walls and doors and stuff, and position and move the soldiers around in this "terrain". Jimmy also mentioned certain rules possibilities, something along these lines:

- When you prepare to storm a room/area, you have to have your guys lined up in a file to give you that "punch" to enter the room, but only the front few guys could shoot, and only one shot each. Then as you storm the room and guys fan out, they get exponentially(ish) more shots per guy as they take up positions in the room. So at first one shot per guy, then two shots, then 3 or 4, until they reach some max number when the whole squad is in the room.
- The defenders, of course, would be in a good position to repel, as they'd set up in position for the attackers and give themselves good lanes of fire and kill zones and choke points (that is, after they'd recovered from the flash-bang grenades that they knew the attackers would throw into the room first...).

That sort if thing.

Like you said, would be great to have the various DzC Infantry represented in 28mm scale, and you wouldn't need very many of them...

Interesting idea. I hope someone, like Simon, is watching this Forum... :-D
I love my job (well, I love having a job), but a bad day of gaming beats a good day of work every time!

http://www.theroadtovalhalla.blogspot.com

pilgrim

Hawk Talon

PostMon Sep 01, 2014 7:35 am

I like that idea. I suppose the key would be to limit the size of the engagement to keep terrain costs down. Given our current maximum infantry unit size is 20 figures (Resistance) I can see that working

Hmmmm
Razorworms are just Mother Natures way of reminding you why it is important to man the walls.

Ferrums are the UCM's way of reminding you to take enough AA

Return to Off Topic