It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:58 am

A force wakens or a script rewritten?

Discuss topics not related to the DZC universe
  • Author

Klarg1

Re: A force wakens or a script rewritten?

PostFri Jan 22, 2016 8:13 pm

1. Loved the new characters - I really bought into both Fin and Rey. I think Kylo Ren has potential to be great, but I can't judge until I get to see more of his arc.
2. Wasn't impressed with the story. The concept of mixing old themes with some newer elements was fine, but JJ Abrams seems to think that "stuff happens, and then more stuff happens after that" is story telling. He really isn't very good a connecting his story elements into a cohesive narrative. (IMO)
3. The flip side of #2 is that JJ is actually pretty good at setting up cool and enjoyable stand-alone scenes, which do not fix the problem, but are fun to watch.
4. I felt the movie was in need of a major villain. Kylo Ren and General Angrypants have lots of story potential, but both felt kind of like lightweights in this installment. Not enough threat value.

I will say that I enjoyed it significantly more after a second viewing. (Friends I rarely see wanted to go watch it again)
After that, I'll hand it a 5/7. Pretty good, but not really great. There is room for improvement as the rest of the tale unfolds.
Forsan et haec olim pinxisse iuvabit

I maintain a Miniatures Blog, full of detailed WIPs and random miniatures-ramblings.You can read it here: http://blindmetalminis.blogspot.com

UCM Deathdasher

Re: A force wakens or a script rewritten?

PostTue Jan 26, 2016 5:53 pm

Hawk Simon wrote:I would have given it 7 out of 10 but I am not sure how much of that was the nostalgia that came with it being a starwars film without jaja binks in it..................

I thought the acting was good for the most part but I was really not a fan of Kylo Ren, just came across all emo and cliched for me, also not that impressed with Leia's acting

Still regardless of what I thought of individual parts/actors, I left the cinema smiling uncontrollably and feeling very happy, would gladly go see it again!

Down with Jaja Binks!!!
One of the youngest and worst dzc players around.
Previous

Return to Off Topic