It is currently Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:06 pm

Here's what I do in my "free time"...

Discuss topics not related to the DZC universe
  • Author

DropzoneCommenter

Here's what I do in my "free time"...

PostWed Jun 15, 2016 9:04 pm

Hey Commanders!

When I'm not busy writing articles for my fellow DZC fans on dzcommenter.com, I happen to be a game designer and publisher over at Crafty Games. Today, we launched the game I've been working on for 2 years - Mistborn: House War, based on the epic fantasy novel series by Brandon Sanderson! This is my excuse for why I didn't post a Commenter article today...but at least we fully funded in under 4 hours!

Anyway, I know some folks at the US DFC Beta Days were interested in hearing when the campaign went live (and Hawk_Simon was particularly enthused), so I thought you might enjoy it. Take a look at www.mistbornhousewar.com, and check the play video or download the rules to get a better idea of how the game works. If you're in Europe, please keep in mind we don't yet have EU friendly shipping on this yet, but have a lot of leads and hope to have something nailed down in the next week or so.

Thanks for your support!

Alex
Check my biweekly blog on tactics, hobby, and fundamentals in DZC and DFC at dzcommenter.com!

SwordOfJustice

Hawk Talon

Re: Here's what I do in my "free time"...

PostThu Jun 16, 2016 3:17 am

It looks fabulous. Really good.
We have evolved beyond mere flesh and bone. We are the Post Human Republic.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBC9LIUpKeo

wowskyguy

Hawk Talon

PostThu Jun 16, 2016 2:00 pm

Production look top notch!

Does it play as a modern version of Republic of Rome? (sort-a)

Cheers,
--
Andy

"Here's everything I know
about war: Somebody wins,
somebody loses, and
nothing is ever the same again."
Admiral Constanza Stark,
C.Y. 9784

DropzoneCommenter

PostThu Jun 16, 2016 5:54 pm

wowskyguy wrote:Production look top notch!

Does it play as a modern version of Republic of Rome? (sort-a)

Cheers,

I think our game is a lot lighter. It's not so much "empire management" as is it a game of negotiation, deal making, and betrayal. It's a game of "frienemies," where only one person can win but you must cooperate, since you've got a lot of Bad Stuff that comes at you, which you can't solve alone (or sometimes at all). The strategy of the game is controlling those problems you can't/don't fix, and solving the ones you can to score points. There's also a cool teeter totter mechanic - if the group collectively lets the unrest get too high, the lowest score - not the highest - wins.
Check my biweekly blog on tactics, hobby, and fundamentals in DZC and DFC at dzcommenter.com!

Return to Off Topic