• Author

grege

Re: "What sort of Game sytem should Hawk produce next ?"

PostThu Nov 08, 2012 4:59 pm

What Rat asked for... :D

Chorazin

PostThu Nov 15, 2012 12:32 pm

Rigg_Veda wrote:The space combat games would be nice... but first focus on DzC and make it a real big game, with new units for every faction, new factions, campaign books and so on... ;)

My thoughts exactly. :)

PHRasg

PostSun Dec 09, 2012 7:32 am

1) make DZC super epic before moving onto a new system.

2) make a 10 mm epic fantasy regimental battlefield game...huge blocks of tiny soldiers, dropship-sized dragons, war machines, siege engines, giants, monsters etc. At that size you could produce huge 10mm castles to wage miniature gaming sieges. ..never fully executed before in table top gaming!

And with the quality that Hawk has with its resin and their amazing sculpts, just think how awesome thise dragons and siege towers and monsters would look!
Last edited by PHRasg on Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

PHRasg

PostSun Dec 09, 2012 7:34 am

Mr Evil wrote:I think having a forum topic of other games could cause master blasting and such(trolling), after all they all have their own forums !

what about a "What sort of Game system should Hawk produce next ?"

I would like to see 1/56 scale car-wars / Dark future type of game, where we convert toy cars with specialized weapon packs, and infantry minis and of course bikes and trikes.. plus concept cars with their own rules.

Steve Jackson Games will be remaking their car wars franchise soon...as they did with Ogre.

lothlanathorian

PostSun Dec 30, 2012 1:45 am

Rigg_Veda wrote:The space combat games would be nice... but first focus on DzC and make it a real big game, with new units for every faction, new factions, campaign books and so on... ;)

This to a million plus one. Obviously, HWG should focus on DzC before doing anything else since it is still new. However, that out of the way, the one thing I am seeing a lot of is people wanting a fleet game. I am in love with GW's Battlefleet Gothic and would love to see another company lovingly craft a spaceship combat game for their universe. Especially since I am willing to bet it would be infinitely more affordable as well as getting a good bit of support :D
aags_jim7 wrote:Tactics aren't something to bitch about. They're what separate games from just rolling dice in a parking lot.

Blipvert

PostMon Jan 21, 2013 8:12 am

I'm in general agreement that DZC should be the focus for some time with new units and factions. That being said, I can see at least three maybe four more games in the DZC universe.

First, a strategic level game, possibly a board game, of the Reconquest.

Second, a space combat game, 'cause space is cool. (Blatant plagiarism I know. Thanks Rat!)

Third, a campaign system for DZC that may or may not link the space battle game with the DZC ground battle games.

Fourth, a skirmish level game featuring the infantry of DZC. A 28mm Shaltari Brave in a warship battling Scrouge Razorworms would be epic!

Actually, some collector edition 28mm minis of all the infantry would be cool even without a game to go with them.

Daniel36

Hawk Talon

PostThu Jan 24, 2013 10:00 pm

Rat wrote:I would like to see a planetary campaign system. Basically a rules framework in which to fight your DzC battles, with consequences based on the results of your battles - gain/loss of territory/resources/strategic points etc. Another BIG COMPANY has a product like that (not supported much) which I might repurpose for this.

Also the space battle game. Cause space is cool.

I would not like to see that planetary campaign system, actually... And let me tell you why.

I've tried to run a couple of campaigns before, for other systems, and they all fell apart rather soon. It took me years before I realized why.

It's simple, very few people can get over the idea that their armies / forces / warbands etc. ought to be tournament armies, the campaign battles ought to be balanced points wise yet their army composition needs to be there to kill the opponent (as in Pitched Battles). You can't play a campaign with pitched battles, playing exactly the same points total and simply play the regular game. It just doesn't work. The funniest thing is, it's the game writers who should know better, but they can't get out of that mind set either. The first time I saw someone get out of that mind set was in the Blood in the Badlands book for Warhammer, where someone uses a model for a general that isn't officially allowed to be one. Very minor intrusion at that. Other than that, I do feel that the Storm of Magic expansion book for Warhammer tried (and succeeded very well) to get people to step out of that mind set, but that isn't a campaign book. Best game of Warhammer I ever did play.

No, what I would like to see is players themselves come up with fun campaigns. You can't ever write a campaign book that suits the needs and wants of every gamer. It's the gamers themselves that need to adapt the rules to turn them into something for a campaign.

I've said it too often on another forum, but the game companies do not own the copyright to your enjoyment of their product. They don't even want to. Too many gamers are too scared to steer away from the official rules, but none of the game companies are forcing us to always play by them.

But space battle game? Yes please!! :)
Officially Holland's #4 Dropzone Commander Player!
Now with added Moderator Powers!

Hydriatus

PostFri Jan 25, 2013 5:11 am

I suppose it depends on your gaming group - I have one that is open to the idea of detailed battles (even GMed campaigns), but it seems like I'm sadly in the minority. I think a major issue is time. A campaign like that would take a lot of time to organize and properly run.

However, a campaign booklet with faction variants, famous commanders, more scenarios and specialized building rules would be nice. Of course, I'm biased what with my love of fiction and developing it further ^_^ Which makes me want to ask - who was responsible for the fluff in the main rulebook anyways? :)
The one and only.

lothlanathorian

PostTue Jan 29, 2013 12:16 pm

If a 28mm skirmish game were to be done, I'd like to see indoor tiles made for it with a rules focus on fighting inside of buildings. Since this is where most infantry combat will happen in DzC, being able to play it out in detail would be pretty fun and interesting :D
aags_jim7 wrote:Tactics aren't something to bitch about. They're what separate games from just rolling dice in a parking lot.

Godzilla

PostWed Jan 30, 2013 10:02 pm

How about air combat, the drop ships have to get to the battlefield. And you already have units for each army in the range.
PreviousNext

Return to Other Games